About the MDN category

The MDN category is for discussing topics related to the MDN site. If you want to be involved in making MDN more awesome, please share your ideas, opinions, questions, etc. Please observe the Mozilla Community Participation Guidelines to create a safe and positive community for everyone.

You can also start a discussion by sending an email message to mdn@mozilla-community.org.

Topics that belong in this category include:

• Planning and coordinating changes to the site
  • Creating, translating, and maintaining the content of the site
  • Developing the underlying Kuma platform
  • Developing other software and data that support MDN Web Docs, such as Kumascript macros, and browser compatibility data (BCD).
  • Note that questions related to the Learning Area tutorials (or learning web development generally), should go in the MDN/Learn subcategory

If a topic is about the content or functionality of the MDN site, it belongs here.

Some topic areas that probably don’t belong here:

• Trouble-shooting about web development that isn’t tied to specific content on MDN. You may be able to get better help by posting on StackOverflow, which is designed for answering such questions.
  • Bug reports or questions about Firefox, Firefox Development Tools, or Firefox Add-ons or Web Extensions (unless they’re related to specific articles on MDN)
  • General comments about Mozilla, not related to MDN

We’ll try to redirect such topics to other forums where they can be more appropriately addressed, but we might not do so in a timely manner, as members here are focused on making MDN as awesome as possible.

Note that by default, this view includes posts in the MDN/Learn subcategory; if you’d rather not see those posts here, change the subcategory selection (second-menu-from-the-left in the top nav menu) to “none” instead of “all”.

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: More help for beginners

A post was merged into an existing topic: More help for beginners

Hi there,
I have recently started to do documentation review on this site. I believe the site could make it much simpler to help new user that would like to do editorial reviews. The reason for this is because as when I started, it was difficult for me to find pages that would need editorial reviews and I believe there should be a system where pages that would actually need the documentation to be done can be separate from the ones that do not need any reviews.

1 Like

Can we add an “seo” tag?

Sheppy

Can we add an “seo” tag?

Yup! Just start using it! Tags are free-form, though Discourse suggests ones that are already in use, as you type.

Oh? I tried adding an “SEO” tag and couldn’t do so, so I figured they had to be created by someone… I’ll try again.

Maybe it requires privileges. In any case, I just added an “SEO” tag to one of your posts about SEO stuff, so you should be able to use it from now on.

2 Likes

The http://mailto:mdn@mozilla-community.org link should really be mailto:mdn@mozilla-community.org

1 Like

Fixed, thanks very much.

1 Like

Hi!
Hope I’m posting in the right place…

I’m an Italian front end web developer and I’m writing to you because I’d like to contribute on MDN Learning Area.

I’ve spent 10-15 years developing in Flash/Flex/AIR and then WPF-C# for desktop applications.

Currently I develop using HTML CSS and JavaScript, of course, and Angular framework.
A couple of months ago I started using stackblitz and codepen to share some of my study and research.

I’m a bit deaf so I’d like not to deal with audio/video content and also I’m afraid I couldn’t contribute on accessibility issues for blind impaired users.

As “a finger in the water test” I feel I could translate in my mother tongue one or two articles, or review the ones already translated.

Mozilla community is quite large and I couldn’t find an Italian MDN team manager yet.

1 Like