Add-on review process is extremely frustrating

I’ve made a pretty simply add-on that is not malicious, but it’s probably gotten disabled ~5 times from new reviews based on very trivial issues.

Most of the times my add-on was disabled was in the weeks following my first upload. Fair enough, because I was missing some things since it was my first browser extension. But I would’ve much preferred a longer initial review process to thoroughly approve my add-on, rather than having my add-on disabled multiple times at the beginning.

The latest reason my add-on got disabled was that a minimum browser version was not specified in the manifest. I could’ve sworn I selected the latest browser version when I uploaded the file, but it now shows 48 (do people even still run 48, and can they download add-ons that were posted after 48 was released)?

Also, is there no way to request a code change without requiring the add-on be disabled? It seems pretty harsh for a minor issue.

I think specifying a strict minimum in the manifest is optional: https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/manifest.json/browser_specific_settings

However, if your extension requires a newer API to work, then it’s a good idea to specify a minimum version so users of older versions don’t load it and get frustrated and post a bad review. (There are people running every imaginable version of Firefox…)

Well, I changed it in the add-on settings so I think that does the same thing. It actually says that the add-on settings overrides whatever is in the manifest, too.

I don’t really want to upload a new version just for that change. I’ll include it in the next update, if I ever do another update.

Can you enable the add-on now?

Sorry, I replied to the email thinking this was the review thread, not my post on the forum. Still waiting for my add-on to be enabled again, though!