All Hands Hawaii : accomodation pre / post event

Aloha dear mozillians,

As I was looking for an accomodation for the night before the All-Hands, I asked on different channels, but messages got lost. And I discovered that (of course), I’m not alone in my predicament.

So I figured “Why not open a discourse topic where everyone can post demands and offers”. But remember, privacy matters, so work in the open, but don’t post sensitive information and contact people in private.

Here are 2 examples:

Looking for an accomodation

• Date (+ number of nights): December 4th (one night)
  • Roommate preference (man, woman or no preference)
  • Additional information if needed

Offering an accomodation

• Date (+ number of nights): December 4th (one night)
  • Accomodation:
    • Type: hotel room, airbnb…
    • space: bed, bedroom
    • Number of spots available: 1, 2…
  • Price: Honest price, we’re not on ebay
  • Preferred roommate (man, woman or no preference)

/!\ About the hotel rooms at the Hilton: they say they can accommodate up to 4 adults, but there are only 2 beds, so it means people may have to share a bed. Be careful about that. It may lower the price, but it can be awkward.

Courtesy is the rule. If people say they prefer one type of roommate, don’t try to make them change their mind. Just post your own ad.

Once you have found (hopefully) an accomodation or a roommate, please edit your message so that people don’t contact you anymore.

Disclaimer: I’m posting this to help people find accomodation (and because I’m looking for a roommate, myself), but I won’t act as a moderator or solve problems.

So I’ll start:

Found a roommate

## Offering an accomodation
* Date (+ number of nights): December 4th (one night)

• Accomodation:
    • Type: hotel room
  • space: bed
  • Number of spots available: 1
  • Price: 117,675 USD (with mozilla special rate, the total for the room + resort charge + taxes is 235,35$ for 2 guests)
  • Preferred roommate: no preference (although, if I have to choose between a man and woman, I will choose the woman, because there are few of us, so it may be harder for a woman to find another woman to share a room).

Offering an accomodation

Date : December 3rd (two nights)
Accomodation: Hilton Waikoloa, Kailua-Kona
Type: hotel room
space: bed
Number of spots available: 1
Price: $250 (half of the price I pay for the room with extra guest surcharge I believe)
Preferred roommate : man

PS: Ideally you would stay 2 nights, if a week before nobody offered then I will consider only 1 night but until then I prefer to make it simpler for me.

Offering an accomodation

Date: December 4th and 10th
Accomodation: A-Frame house
Space: 2 Wooden Bench (Need to bring air cushion) + Picnic table
Number of spots available:

• December 4th - 1
  • December 10th - 1

Price for one night: $50 (to be divided equally among all)
Check-in time: 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM HAST
Preferred roommate: No preference

PS: We are looking for one person on 4th and one on 10th to join us as the maximum number of people allowed in one shelter is 4.

If interested send me your info at tushararora.cs@gmail.com

1. First Name (As mentioned on passport)
  2. Last Name (As mentioned on passport)
  3. Passport Number