Assessment for Marking up a letter test

I would appreciate if I could have an assessment for Marking up a letter.
I already tried to check it by myself but still not sure my work is good enough.
Please ignore my comments which I put during self-assessment… :sweat_smile:

This is my first time to use CodePen or asking for help here on Mozilla, so sorry in advance if there is any problem or insufficient information on this post!

Hi @Risa and welcome to the community :wave:

Great work on you first exercise. Everything is correct.

I also read your comments although you asked to ignore them :smile: Certainly very interesting to see the thought process.
I can expand on two of them:

• Why is <p> needed around <time>? <time> is an inline element which means it’s just a piece of text that can have more text around itself. We see that in the semester date list. <p> on the other hand is a block element. By default it’s as wide as the whole page. This let us align the text inside of it to the left, center or right. This may sound a bit complicated for now, but will become much clearer when you learn about CSS in a later module.

• How to use <em>? When reading a sentence aloud you would emphasize the word that is inside <em>. You would change the sound of the word. So generally it would be more appropriate to just put <em> around a single word like “did”. I don’t even now how you would read a completely emphasized sentence. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask questions if something is unclear.

Keep up the great work,
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael, thank you so much for your kind reply!

I’m so happy to know that my work was correct :slightly_smiling_face:

Also thank you for commenting on my comments!
Now I understand very clearly about inline/block element, and especially how to use em.
Yeah I don’t know how to read a completely emphasised sentence either haha :smile:
(Sorry I had to delete my previous reply because I accidentally made a whole sentence emphasised… :sob:)

Your very helpful and clear reply made me more motivated to keep learning.

Thank you!
Risa

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m curious about your future exercises.

1 Like