Assessment for silly story generator

I’m not sure what im supposed to do here, i’ve been thinking about it for a while. I could really use some help

Hi @HenYo and welcome to the community :wave:

I’m trying to help you without spoiling the solution.
The core part of this paragraph is to find out about which of the many string methods the instrutions are talking about when they say: There is a particular string method that will help you here. Do you know which method they mean? If no, maybe the Hints and Tips section of the assessment will give some information about how to replace text in a string :wink:

When you know which method they are talking about, you should read the MDN page about it to find out how it could help. If you need further assistance I’m very happy to help out more.

Have a nice day!
Michael

PS: You put your email address as your real name in your profile. Everyone visiting can see it. I recommend remove it, so you don’t get spam mails.

Hi, I’m also working on this particular subquery but I want to shrink my four line solution down into a single regex. Without spoiling the answer @HenYo is trying to get to, I was wondering if you could assist with checking my logic here:
(/:insert[xyz]:/g,Item)

Essentially I’m trying to grab any substring ‘:insert’ followed by one of x, y, or z, but I’m not sure how to then use that particular character to append in front of ‘Item’ to get ‘xItem’. Does RegEx return the substring parameter or is there a different way I should be thinking about this question?

Much appreciation in advance, and please don’t hesitate to let me know if I should start a new thread for this.

Hi @scipius02 and welcome :wave:

Yes, starting a new thread would be nice. If you give it a good, specific title, others may also find it when they have questions about using regexes.

Thank you very much!

1 Like