Assessment wanted for Fundamental layout comprehension by bedri

Hi,
may you please review my code for Fundamental layout comprehension test ?
I do appreciate for your valuable assessment beforehand.

1 Like

Hi @bedribulut

Great work on this exercise! I have only some tiny improvements:

• You don’t need position: relative on the body. If no parent is positioned it automatically uses the viewport, which works in this exercise.
  • If you have a value of 0 you can leave out the unit.
  • For the floated image it would be more robust to also have a margin-bottom. On different screen sizes the text could get a bit to close to the image.

Happy weekend,
Michael

2 Likes

I just uptaded my code regarding your submission. Thank you so much.
One more thing that is out of the topic if you do not mind:
I will resume learning with JS and improve my HTML and CSS skills (by using freecodecamp probably), so with the knowledge currently I have, is it possible to find a job as a beginner, an intern or jr?
if you do not answer that because it is out of context, I may understand.
I do appreciate for your valuable reviews during my learning process here.
Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Now the code is perfect. :+1:

Regarding your question:
I’m not really active on the job market since I’m doing the IT of a small non-profit for over a decade now, but here are my thoughts about it.
After learning the basics of JS you’ll have a good understanding of the core technologies of the web. To successfully apply for a job it would be good idea to also learn one of the bigger JS Frameworks. (React is the most popular one. Personally, I use Vue.js. There’s also Angular.) They kind of melt together what you’ve learnt so far (HTML, CSS and JS) into components.
Not really a web technology, but an essential tool for web developers: Git. If you have never heard of it that’s the ubiquitous version control system nearly every developer uses. Knowing the basics of Git is needed to work together with others and having a history of the changes. (GitHub is basically a web front-end for Git.)

An overview of front-end technologies: https://roadmap.sh/frontend. Don’t get discouraged by the size of the diagram. Personally, I can’t say that I know about every tech there (or that I want to learn them all :wink:), but I find it interesting nonetheless.

I hope this helps you and I wish you good luck finding a job! You definitely have the needed talent from what I can tell. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a nice weekend,
Michael

2 Likes

I do really appreciate for your detailed response.
Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Hello @bedribulut

plus what @mikoMK said you could look in the job offer and look what the requirements it would give you an overview of what is wanted out there

hope that help and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks a lot for your valuable advice.
have a nice day too.

2 Likes

you very welcome and thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes