BookMarks and BackUp

Hello,

I’m coming from the forum Mozfr because they don’t know what to do more than they have proposed…

To resume the problem, I was on win 7 and passed to Win 10 with a total reboot. Everything was great, I re-instal Mozi and connect and then my extensions starts to download, i saw my historics and my bookmarqs appears. But… I close my computeur and open it again a few minutes later and all my bookmarks were gone !!! There is steel the extension and the historical but nothing for bookmark. Whith the guys from the other forum we search on windows.old and on profiles but the problem is that all theses things are empty or at a date after the new win 10 so absolutely no trace of before… I don’t know want to do…

my hope is that something is keepin by mozilla (because they keep our historics and a lot of datas from us ! ) but I don’t fin how to join them… And maybe there is an other solution…

If it wasn’t super important i would’nt do all theses things… But my computeur is 10 years old, i’m doing a thesis and my bookmarks are just all my life… I absolutely need to recover it… If not i’m lost… I’ve lost everything for my these…

So please if you have and idea… I would be so greatfull…

Hi

Thank you for your question about the Firefox Sync service.

It appears from your question, that you are using Firefox Sync as a back up service. This is not what Sync is designed to do. The Firefox Sync service takes a copy of the data you wish to include and transfers it to a second device (typically a mobile device such as a tablet or a telephone) running a copy of Firefox. The storage in between all attached devices is both temporary and fragile and is not stable enough to be (and is not designed as) a reliable backup service.

If you have a copy of your Firefox profile for desktop Firefox, you may be able to recover your bookmarks and other data.

If you have a copy of your data on a mobile version of Firefox, you will be able to use Firefox Sync to port it to Firefox on your desktop.