Build problem: 'select' is not iterable

Hi,

I’m running into problems when trying to build the native client from source on Ubuntu 18.04, using:

• tag v0.2.0 of the DeepSpeech repo
  • current master (commit: 3747d2d258) of the mozilla tensorflow fork
    (I’m using this because I couldn’t find a tag that seemed to be related to v0.2.0 of DeepSpeech.)
  • bazel 0.15.0 (I could not use the specified bazel version (0.10.0), because tensorflow’s configure script required a version >= 0.15.0.)
  • cuda 9.0
  • cudnn 7.3.0
  • gcc / g++ 5.5

Build command:
bazel build -c opt --copt=-O3 --copt="-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0" //native_client:libctc_decoder_with_kenlm.so

Resulting Error:

File “/home/***/.cache/bazel/bazel***/7b7bd968ef285b2525cc680848f84f8c/external/org_tensorflow/tensorflow/compiler/aot/tfcompile.bzl”, line 170,
in " “.join
[((”’" + arg.replace("’", “’\’’”)) + “’”) for arg in (tfcompile_flags or [])]
type ‘select’ is not iterable
ERROR: error loading package ‘native_client’: Package ‘native_client’ contains errors

Any help appreciated
(Sorry, if I’m making some obvious mistake.)

cheers,
Ansgar

You are.

It’s documented that you should use r1.6 branch for v0.2.0. We removed AOT changes on our fork, so that’s why you have this error. Please retry with v0.3.0-alpha.1 tag and r1.11 branch.

Thanks!

Looks like I misinterpreted the instructions. I thought the section “Building with AOT model” described an optional / alternative way of building, so I didn’t read it.

Any feedback / PR to improve the documentation is welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like