Building B2G OS for the ZTE Open C

Hello,
you can now build full system images (and blobfree builds too) of B2G OS for the ZTE Open C FR and the ZTE Open C EU (Ebay).

You will require an Open C phone rooted using the official tool available from ZTE support page for the Open C [FR] for the FR variant, or the equivalent tool for the Open C EU.

To build, follow the usual steps, just use:

./config.sh openc-fr

to build for the FR variant, or

./config.sh openc-ebay

to build for the EU variant.

Happy testing/hacking!

(Lissyx) #2

Thanks for this!

I am happy to see that you have been able to complete this! Nice achievement!

BTW is this based on Jelly Bean or is this a KitKat basis?

Mozilla Discourse a écrit :

Bonstra

August 8

Hello,

you can now build full system images (and blobfree builds too) of B2G OS for the ZTE Open C FR and the ZTE Open C EU (Ebay).

You will require an Open C phone rooted using the official tool available from ZTE support page for the Open C [FR] for the FR variant, or the equivalent tool for the Open C EU.

To build, follow the usual steps, just use:

./config.sh openc-fr

to build for the FR variant, or

./config.sh openc-ebay

to build for the EU variant.

Happy testing/hacking!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Envoyé depuis Firefox OS

It is based on Jelly Bean (stuff from CAF mostly).
I’m not sure what is the amount of changes required to port to a KK base. micgeri tried but changes in the kernel were blocking him.

(Sai Karthik Karra) #4

Thank you very much for doing this :slight_smile:

(Lapineige) #5

Thanks a lot @Bonstra !

Do you know if the buildbot has been updated ?

(Lapineige) #6

Well, I just tried to build with this new config (it avoid a lot of hacks, great :)) but for a strange reason… no openc-* configuration, even after a repo sync.

Any idea ? Thanks :slight_smile:

edit: even a repo sync --force-sync didn’t work. I created another folder and it works. Solved :slight_smile:

I think a git pull inside your B2G folder would have updated the config.sh script. repo sync does not do that AFAIK.