Customize Firefox ESR (Pre Configured)

Every laptop on our orginzation are installed softphone which is x-lite. Thus, we had developing some portal to make it easier to make some call. Basically the portal contains sip link with some number followed by colons.

Our orginzation use Firefox ESR 52.7.3. To make firefox able to handle sip protocol, we add some configuration on about:config as bellow

network.protocol-handler.expose.sip -> Value -> false

Our client running on Windows Machine, thus to make Windows understand how to manage the url than we add some values to registry editor as bellow

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip]
@="URL:sip Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\***\CounterPath\X-Lite\x-lite.exe" \"%1\"" 

However, for our client to change about:config and running registry file are hard to do. Hence we need to develop simply way to approach that.

So we think to make a pre-configured Firefox ESR which is comes with custom build configuration and perhaps pre-buiild with some functionality which is add new registry as above mentioned. However, Is it possible to approach that way?

Thanks

I suggest you give this page a look: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise

There’s a mailing list dedicated to Enterprise questions like yours.

I’ve already try that link and subscribe the mailing list. Any others idea?

I don’t think this need is suited to an add-on. WebExtensions cannot create new preferences or modify the Windows registry without an extra installation, which is a waste for a one-time configuration. Legacy extensions may have been able to do that, but I don’t think Mozilla is signing new legacy extensions, and Firefox 52 ESR is nearing its end-of-life.