DevTools won't allow for responsive mode in containers

Hi
After waiting long time for addon that would replace Tab Groups I found out that with FF59 Conex was able to make things working good enough for me…or at least I though so because after migration I found out that I can’t open responsive design when the tab is in container. Is there a way to bypass that limitation? For me it’s basically a deal breaker. I know I could move that tab to the main container and responsive mode would work there but this is not the solution - I have projects grouped in order to switch between them and work when needed.

Thanks for posting!

At the moment, I am not aware of any workaround. Currently RDM doesn’t handle container tabs properly, so that’s why it’s blocked and displays a notification. If it were allowed as-is, storage could escape from the container, which would be confusing and unexpected.

Making it work properly is tracked in bug 1306975 which you can follow to get updates on this.

Here’s hoping that the next RDM will handle container tabs.

I’ve stopped using it because half the time I’m in a container and RDM is unavailable. It kinda killed my muscle memory for Cmd+Alt+M. ^^

RDM now supports container tabs in Firefox 62 (currently the Nightly channel).