Different MDN logo in Arabic local

Hi there.

I was thinking about MDN logo in the languages that it’s characters written from right-to-left, and I think it’s not convenient (at least for me).

I tried to do some hacks to change it’s direction (with Inkscape), and I ended with this:

You can see it in action from here:

Screenshot_2018_4_8

it’s pretty better now, but there is one problem will happen if we use this version of logo in Arabic locale, the logo, in navbar, will be sliced in the mobile version, because - as you probably know - the website reduces the width of logo in small screen. In footer everything works fine.

I think this will also face some problem in programmatic side.

Can this be accomplished? and how can I help?

Peiying (@pmo ) is looking for examples like that right now.

1 Like

I don’t think we should localize the logo of MDN.
It’s kind of a ‘brand’ I would say.

1 Like

Yes, thank you for all your efforts, ahmadnurallah, but please don’t localize the MDN Web Docs logo. I’m very happy we’re able to express it mostly as readable text instead of an image, but it’s still very much a logo.

1 Like

@ahmadnurallah, logos with text should always be left as they are - in English. Please do not translate them. We could consider translating the names in body text in the future. There is an ongoing discussion on this. We would share policy change if and when it happens. Please revert the logo translation back to English. Thank you!

1 Like