"Download My Data" broken?

Clicking “Download My Data” from the Profile page in the Common Voice collection app doesn’t seem to work. I only get a profile.txt – but no zip download options or prompt.

On one of the Github issue posts,I saw a gif that seemed to show a different set of options.

Is this feature working? Can I download my own voice contributions?

If not, is there a way to get the Web App running locally so I can use it to record my own data?

This part of the forum is just for DeepSpeech, please post it over in the Common Voice section:

https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/voice/239

But it will be hard to run it locally as it is meant as a distributed WebApp.

If you plan on building your own dataset, I have use the MycroftAI Mimic in the past

Thanks for that info. I adjusted the tag.

Regarding the “Download My Data” button, is that feature working? Is it really only supposed to return a txt file telling me my name, age and language? Is it a feature that was underdevelopment or abandoned?

Here is what the txt looks like:

email: …
username: STT_OG
language 1: en
language 1 accent: us

@STT_OG Hi STT_OG, you're talking about the profile page at commonvoice.mozilla.org, right?
Yes, I also hit the Download My Data link and it returns profile.txt. Probably the same for everyone.

Probably we can't download only our own voice. We certainly can download clips. But only on condition that we don't identify the speaker (even if your goal is to find your own voice, you shouldn't identify it).
If you want to keep it on hand, you might want to double record it for Common Voice and yourself.

In any case, I'm not familiar with how Common Voice works. I'm sorry I can't help you.

Mozilla should respond to this.

If it says Download My Data people will misunderstand that it's supposed to download their own recordings (yes, sure, we're on the profile page. But how many people would care about that? And since we can delete the voice data from this page, it's only natural to assume that we can download it as well!). I'm sure there are others out there who are wondering about this.
It should be reworded to say something like "Download my profile settings" and indicate that the output will be in a text file.

The same goes for Share your clip button on the recording page. It clearly says "clip". But what it actually provides is a link to promote commonvoice.mozilla.org.
Of course this was meant to say "Tell people that your clips are available". But it can be misleading. Why did we make the text so confusing? Why can't we just "Share the Common Voice project"?

Please be careful with the words.
Inappropriate language will only cause users to distrust us.

Thanks for testing and confirming that.

My own Name, Age and Language are things I’ve thoroughly memorized. It’s a bit absurd, given the real need to access ones own recording for fine-tuning SST training.

I’d still like to contribute to Common Voice, but I wont be using this web app again. A Data Upload function, might be useful as an alternative if this isn’t going to be fixed.

There is an in progress PR here.