Help me to find addon that will make tabs look smaller if there are many of them

help me to find addon that will make tabs look smaller if there are many of them. i want to modify its size…

That’s not possible with an extension.

By default, the minimum width of a tab (below which it will not shrink) is 76 pixels. You can reduce that to 50 pixels this way:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.tabs.tabMinWidth and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 50 then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change. (I think Firefox ignores values below 50.)

If you need even narrower tabs, you may need to delve into custom style rules in a userChrome.css file. You can find help on that over on: https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/

thanks very much. when freaktechnik said its no way i thought its over…

I never said there was no way.

ok, i understood you wrong

Another manual way I can propose to you:

• If you have FF >= 84, first set in about:config
    toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets = true
  • Then create (or append to, if already existing) the file userChrome.css, in chrome directory of your Firefox profile (may need to create that chrome directory if it doesn’t exist).
  • Add this content (change 25 by the size you want):

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) {
min-width: 25px !important;
}

1 Like