Homekit pin for Nuki lock

I hava a Nuki smart lock that supports homekit. When I scan for new devices it finds the lock, but then asks for a pin. Nuki locks have a 4-digit pin, but the Submit button stays disabled until I enter 8 digits. The result is that I cannot enter a valid pin…Is there a reason for this limitation?

HomeKit codes are always 8 digits. Here’s more info: https://nuki.io/en/homekit/

Oh didn’t know that. I followed the instructions (using the 8-digit pin from the bottom of the lock) but still get Incorrect PIN message…

I don’t know if it helps, but this is the log:
2020-11-19 18:54:16.019 INFO : homekit-adapter: Pairing failed for device cd:09:55:9f:da:3c: Error: Type error: salt (s) must be a buffer
2020-11-19 18:54:16.020 ERROR : homekit-adapter: AddonManagerProxy: Failed to set PIN for device homekit-cd:09:55:9f:da:3c
2020-11-19 18:54:16.022 ERROR : Failed to set PIN for homekit-cd:09:55:9f:da:3c: undefined

Well that’s new! What are you running the gateway on? Is this a Raspberry Pi, or something else? If something else, what version of Node.js?

It is running on a Rapsberry Pi 4, 2Gb. However, I did install the software originally on a Pi 1 just to get a feel of it, liked the software so got a Pi 4 and just swapped the SD-card, the Zigbee and Z-wave sticks. Everything appears to be working fine, including bluetooth.