How to Add to Collections?

What with the new and hopefully improved update, I can’t find a way to add my theme to a collection like it used to do. Perhaps I just haven’t found it yet, but if isn’t available yet, can it be added. Or if it is available and I just haven’t found it, where is it?

1 Like

Thanks, @MaDonnasPersonas! You are right – the “Add to Collection” feature isn’t there now. We will be adding the widget to the new site in the future.

In the meantime, there are two options for adding themes to collections:

1. Hover over your your name in the upper right hand corner and select ‘View my Collections.’ Then select ‘edit collection’ on the next page and add the theme manually.

2. Go to the page footer and click on “View Classic Desktop site” to see the page with the old user interface.

1 Like

Thank you. Couldn’t find View Classic Desktop site but will continue to try.

1 Like

Me either! Yikes! I seem to have lost all my fun things to do do with the theme-personas that I’ve collected. Like my “FAVORITES” button and especially the ability to simply hover over a theme to try it on. Now there are 3 or 4 steps to get anything done. UGH! I’ve read the very helpful answer above and look forward to this new “widget” Firefox has coming out soon.
But, …gosh, I do so dislike change. I guess I’m getting old. LOL
P.S. - If you ever find the “View Classic Desktop Site” please reply and vice versa. Thanks!
P.P.S. - However MaDonna, I can say one one nice thing about this new system, …your magnificent Theme creations really do look GREAT in the larger view format so whichever way Firefox presents them, I’ll love your designs always! -C.R.

I miss the collections, too, BUT they are supposed to be bringing it back. And thanks for the great comment.

1 Like

Is there a limit to the amount of themes can be added to a Collection? I am unable to add to several of my collections and I am just wondering if it is because there are so many in that specific collection.

Hey @MaDonnasPersonas, are you getting an error message? We’re not aware of any limits to collections.

No error message, it just won’t bring up the theme I want to add so I can’t add it by name.

Thanks! Could you please file a bug? We’ll look into this. :slight_smile:

Will try to but I don’t know of any way to explain it other than this so it probably won’t have enough info for GitHub.

Just updating this thread to point out that now it’s possible to add add-ons to collections from the listing page. It’s below the “rate” section on the left column.

Feel free to post any feedback you have about the feature here.

1 Like