How to use companies information in creating a website?

I’m currently practicing HTML and CSS in MDN. While learning, I wanted to start creating my own website (apply what I learn).
My idea is to create a search page and search results of coworking spaces in US and Canada.

Do I have to ask for permission in using Company’s Name, address, price, etc. of coworking spaces? If yes, how does it work?

Please help me,

Thanks.

You don’t need any kind of permission to recommend someone’s business or other entity. I’d say that generally you are fine to include any information about them that they already share on their own web site/Facebook page/other promotional material.

It might be an idea to contact them, tell them what you are doing, and ask them if there is any other useful information they’d like to share on your site? If they really have a problem with you including them, this gives them a chance to say so (I doubt they would — they will appreciate all the promotion they can get).

As another tip — when sharing information like pricing, you probably want to provide a range rather than exact prices, e.g. $, $$, or $$$, like you see on sites for restaurants. This way you don’t have to keep updating the information every time they have a slight price change

1 Like

Thanks Chris. I appreciate your help.

I’m excited for my first website.

Yeah, sounds like a useful resource to have available! Looking forward to seeing how it goes.