I am MAJORLY STRESSED- Firefox deleted my passwords

I am majorly stressed- having to factory reset my system i came to discover that firefox did not save my passwords. I was not intitally happy when i first i discovered they were doing this without my permission and in association with google. Now i need it - they are not allowing the option to do so.

Please can anyone help?

1 Like

I didn’t have to do a reset, but all my passwords are gone as well

That is what Firefix does and i hope MANY people are aware of that. They( together with google) steal youre passwords and act like they never had them when you want to retrieve them. Nasty set of pigs - in my opinion.

Hi

Thank you for your question about the Firefox Sync service.

It appears from your question, that you are using Firefox Sync as a back up service. This is not what Sync is designed to do. The Firefox Sync service takes a copy of the data you wish to include and transfers it to a second device (typically a mobile device such as a tablet or a telephone) running a copy of Firefox. The storage in between all attached devices is both temporary and fragile and is not stable enough to be (and is not designed as) a reliable backup service.

If you have a copy of your Firefox profile for desktop Firefox, you may be able to recover your bookmarks and other data. Please have a read of this email article - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recover-lost-or-missing-bookmarks

If you have a copy of your data on a mobile version of Firefox, please follow these instructions to connect it to Firefox Sync to copy your data - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-set-sync-my-computer#w_connect-additional-devices-to-sync

Given that i do not have a tablet or a mobile phone - how does that process work?. Lets be truthful here, your attempts of damage control because of the disgusting and false way you have obtained consumers data is criminal.

If you read my OP properly i said i did NOT give Firefox or Google permission to store my password. i was looking at my tool bar one day and went down to passwords and was shock to see 10 of my passwords . I repeat i DID NOT give Firefox or Google permission to store my passwords. I did not even have an account with Firefox, they were only a browser i used,

Firefox automatically stored my data and when i request to retrieve them - low and behold there comes the lie of " We do not store your data". whilst working alongside Google which is critically acclaimed as the largest thieve and abuse of consumers data they come.

Your additional attempt to appear helpful by enclosing a link to details which has NO BARING on my issue is another reason why people should be wary of your service. I can catergoically say that Firefox is a liar and a thieve.

If you were storing passwords in Firefox, they are stored locally on your machine. Mozilla is not storing them online for you.

AGAIN YOU CHOSE TO INGORE WHAT MY OP SAID… GTFOH!..

I urge anyone to pick sense out of nonsense and re-read my OP and see passed the LIES and GASLIGHTING that firefox do to hide the fact they have been extorting consumers data without their knowledge and storing it to pass on