Is it possible to flash Android on a Flatfish?

(Tidabharadwaj04) #122

i installed the android on my flatfish with all the last latest patches , right now everything works fine … for videos and even for hd videos u can use mx player , and after using xposed modules the UI is beautiful and the tablet is useful again. the storage problem is not that much bcoz u canuse internal 8 gb for personal files and and for external sd card i still need to test that one

(Biraj Karmakar) #123

It’s a great discussion. can we have a blog with specific steps so that we could forward it to all TCP participants?

(Andrew [:feer56] ) #124

For you to blog about it, sure. To send it to all TCP participants? No. This program is no longer valid, B2G is no longer on the radar for Mozilla, and we should not bother other participants.

(Tidabharadwaj04) #125

Sure, i will make a blog with the steps and tools required to get android on the tablet, then just share the blog everywhere as per requirement, sure it has bugs but at least tablet is in use regularly. all credits goes to the guys up in the thread all respect to them for the build.

(Neo2shyalien) #126

Tomorrow if I have enouth time I will start XDA thread :slight_smile: Otherwise there is no problem to make blog post or what you want, every help in development is welcome as well.

(Tidabharadwaj04) #127

if an xda thread can be started that would be so helpful to keep track the progress of the development. :slight_smile:

(Neo2shyalien) #128

I dont expect this project to move forward because I dont have time to work over this project any more. Also there is a lack of contribution. All my sources are online but there is no commits. :slight_smile:

(Tidabharadwaj04) #129

i wish i could contribute to the project but i have less knowledge about android builds right now , maybe in future i will update for sure. but at least the sources are online will surely do update.

(Eduardo Trápani) #130

It does not build. I got this error message (that has been mentioned by Borisbudini sometime ago). Does anybody know how to solve it?

development/tools/emulator/system/camera/EmulatedCamera.cpp:969:1: error: invalid conversion from 'char* (*)(camera_device*)' to 'int (*)(camera_device*, int)' [-fpermissive]
development/tools/emulator/system/camera/EmulatedCamera.cpp:969:1: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(camera_device*, char*)' to 'char* (*)(camera_device*)' [-fpermissive]
development/tools/emulator/system/camera/EmulatedCamera.cpp:969:1: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(camera_device*, int32_t, int32_t, int32_t) {aka int (*)(camera_device*, int, int, int)}' to 'void (*)(camera_device*, char*)' [-fpermissive]
development/tools/emulator/system/camera/EmulatedCamera.cpp:969:1: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(camera_device*)' to 'int (*)(camera_device*, int32_t, int32_t, int32_t) {aka int (*)(camera_device*, int, int, int)}' [-fpermissive]
development/tools/emulator/system/camera/EmulatedCamera.cpp:969:1: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(camera_device*, int)' to 'void (*)(camera_device*)' [-fpermissive]
development/tools/emulator/system/camera/EmulatedCamera.cpp:969:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'camera_device_ops::dump' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
target thumb C++: camera.goldfish <= development/tools/emulator/system/camera/EmulatedQemuCamera.cpp
make: *** [out/target/product/flatfish/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/camera.goldfish_intermediates/EmulatedCamera.o] Error 1

(Eduardo Trápani) #131

Did you ever find a solution for this error?

(Neo2shyalien) #132

The only one solution for the moment is to remove the camera folder checkout the closed issues in my github.

(Biraj Karmakar) #133

waiting for your blog

(Tidabharadwaj04) #134

I am sry got busy… Will be updated by evening today… And will let u knw

(Eduardo Trápani) #135

Awesome :). it builds now (I added a pull request to solve the issue). I flashed it and it works!

I would like to devote some time to getting the camera to work, and for that I need a working b2g+gecko+gaia to flash to the flatfish. But I cannot find one anywhere and I’ve been trying to build for hours (now it’s a gecko thing that complains). The links to dropbox have an empty system.img and the links to yalam.co.uk are all 403 Forbidden.

Does anybody have a set of images I can flash to the tablet to study the camera in the environment where it works?

By the way, great work!! Thanks for reviving this nice piece of hardware. Now I can test the localization in Firefox for Android too.

(YFdyh000) #136

https://mega.nz/#!lRc1xIRC!spaE0sFknL6NT3bo9SBoaA7_g_-WpEhXmR6735H54zU

(Neo2shyalien) #137

You cancel your pull request but I was fast enough to download it and validate it. Yes the it’s works, now build dont die with camera errors and is not necessary to remove the entire folder. I suppose you want to make some other changes before make bigger pull request ?

(Gabriela) #138

Sorry, could you please tell me what is the download file for? Thanks!!

(Eduardo Trápani) #139

Thanks yfdyh000! It helped a lot. Gabriela, that is a FirefoxOS image for the tablet. I wanted to kind of factory-reset it, but building from source just doesn’t seem to work anymore.

(Eduardo Trápani) #140

Sorry, I cancelled because finally I got the camera to work! And I realized that the pull request was not the right way to do it.

About the error, thing is, we need to keep the structure defined as it was, before the pull request. And then, we have to get rid of the emulator, because it pulls the goldfish emulated camera, that cannot deal with the added structure member. We could change the code for that, but I guess it doesn’t make sense, just for the emulator. So, you can remove development/tools/emulator or, if you need stuff from there, just remove development/tools/emulator/system/camera. I’m completely new at Android, so I don’t know what’s best there. It would be nice to have that automatically done in the manifest, maybe with an overlay.

The camera app included in aosp does not work. It yields an error about a out-of-bound array element. BUT this camera app from f-droid WORKS perfectly, front and back.

The images (boot.img, userdata.img and system.img) are here and can be installed by following these steps.

I get errors while trying to play youtube videos, don’t know why yet…

By the way, all the f-droid apps are open source, and you can get Firefox apk (which didn’t meet the standard) directly from here, so no need to get gapps just for that.

(Gabeintothe) #141

The images from Neo2SHYAlien cause no problems with yt (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_jjzpkUjqNWV3d3Zkp1bEs0dEE)
By flashing those images and this recovery https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_jjzpkUjqNWcWdZLWxRLXlIMWc/view everything but camera works:

adb reboot boot-fastboot
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash data userdata.img
fastboot reboot
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery.img.img
adb reboot recovery 

Then I installed the two zips