Thank you very much for the feedback on our plan for the Reps Mentorship program.
We have discussed your feedback as well as our original proposals, and we now have a set of 5 concrete steps that the Reps Council will put into motion in the next weeks.
Each of these steps will be the responsibility of one council member, and will be carried out with the support of other council members. If you are interested in helping out with one of these tasks (or sub-tasks) please let us know.
- Set up a template and a schedule for mentors’ call.
- Carry out regular mentor’s calls.
Define mentors role and activities
- Prepare templates and guidelines for mentors/mentees communication
- Communicate on new mentors role and activities (e.g. through discourse, updating the wiki)
Assign/reassign mentors - Inactive mentors
- Responsibility for mentor assignment and reassignment
- Be the main point of contact for mentorship issues
- Communication to check that all mentors still want to be mentors and if any mentors is feeling overwhelmed
- Check that all mentors are in the right channel of communication
- Create a template for a regular overview of the mentors
- Renew training and organize regular onboarding.
- Set a schedule for mentors onboarding and carry it out regularly
- Review and update the mentors onboarding material
Project follow up
- Devise a way to evaluate results and collect feedback when all steps are completed
Please let us know if you have any feedback.