Nest OAuth Flow?

First off, awesome work so far on the Things Gateway. I’m looking to create an add-on to connect with the Nest Cloud service. The problem I’m having is that the OAuth flow for Nest requires that the user go to a specific URL and login. What I don’t see though is how I could do that. How would one perform a setup like that? Is this a feature in the adapter somewhere?

Netatmo has to my knowledge a similar flow (OAuth 2). However the library I use for the adapter lets me skip the web view part and just provide username and password. I use adapter configuration for the user to input that: https://github.com/freaktechnik/netatmo-weather-adapter/blob/master/package.json#L42

Can you explain a bit more about your use case, and the end user flow you’re trying to create? What would the add-on do, and which side (gateway or cloud service) needs to authenticate with which OAuth server?

The gateway has an OAuth server so that third party applications and services can request access to your things and the user can grant that access. But are you trying to implement a gateway add-on which requests authorisation from a Nest OAuth server?

Given Google’s shuttering of the Nest API, this isn’t relevant anymore! :angry: