It is the same day and how you can say second week? Pretty simple we done the first few days ago and we chosen to publish today before our second meeting
The coachee is an active functional area contributor who has contributed to a couple of projects but this is the first time he’ll be involved in a community. He wants to learn how he can reach out to people inside and outside the community to grow and make quality contributors.
- Find out the people very interested about your functional area (because there are non-tech/tech people)
- Communication channels with this people
- Helping him to get a working environment
- Having weekly calls/notes based on the progress
- You need to be focused or dedicated for a while about this topic
- How can I find the people interested about this topic inside the community?
- Made an event - Jayesh
- Find where the community lives online - Daniele
- Ask to leaders if they has suggestions about people to reach - Daniele
- Community leader might have the lsit of community members who are interested on contributing on functional area - Jayesh
- How can I find the people outside the community or what is the best way?
- Meetup or campus clubs already involved on the topic - Daniele
- Posting on the forums/social media of the region based on the functional area - Daniele
- Create goals before do anything
Being a new rep, the coachee wants to be more involved in being a leader in his community. His community had a lot of achievements before, but it all stalled as community members slowly became inactive due to organizational changes, community conflicts and shifting priorities. He wants to learn how he can move forward as it feels like a big task to him that he isn’t even sure if he can do something about.
- Profile your community members to define the skills and what everyone can do
- You have to define goals
- What was the previous problems before to start to acting again
- Plan weekly calls
- Plan a schedule for everything
- If you need to start fresh you have to organize on your own everything
- Create a leading group and not only one person to avoid leavings and other issue
- As reps my goals need to be respected
Thanks to @jayeshkr for this 2 meetings that was very interesting because we saw our personal experience and needs!