Q2/2017 OKRs for Participation Systems

(Henrik Mitsch) #1

Dear Stakeholders,

this is a list of Q2 OKRs for Participation Systems. There are two levels of granularity. For most of you only the consolidated version is of relevance. For sake of transparency, I also list the detailed version. For shared key results, a partner is pre-fixed in brackets.

If you have any feedback, questions, or words of praise please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,
Henrik

Consolidated Version

Objective: Ship software in partnership with IT, Marketing and MoFo that delivers prioritized functionality to Mozilla’s participation systems stack

1. [IT InfoSec] Auth0 identity platform is expanded to 2 systems shared among staff and volunteers
  2. [MoFo, Marketing] Ship first iteration of CMS, CRM integration and Events management to Mozilla Clubs, Campus Clubs and Developer Community Pilot
  3. [IT Application Services] 100% of existing ParSys wp-admin hosted community sites migrated to WPEngine

Detailed Version

Objective 1: Continue IAM’s trajectory delivering a series of highly visible incremental wins

1. [IT InfoSec] Ship the enterprise application SSO Dashboard
    Refresh the Auth0 Lock/Sign-up flow for Mozillians.org
  2. [IT InfoSec] Roll out Auth0 identity to G Suite, Mana, The Hub, IRCcloud
  3. Prototypes are tested with low-bandwidth and prepared for non-English personas
  4. [IT InfoSec] A mocked volunteer Mozillians.org profile which was provisioned to LDAP via CIS is retrieved through Auth0
  5. Mozillians.org is migrated to ParSys AWS

Objective 2: Community Support Software demonstrates progress in improving the targeted volunteer user experience and increasing efficiency for the program managers

1. [MoFo] Ship CoSS iteration 1 utilities for CMS, CRM integration, and Events available for Mozilla Clubs & Campus Clubs
  2. [Developer Marketing] CoSS project adds a third program, Developer Marketing Pilot
  3. [Lifecycle Marketing] Program managers can segment their audience in ExactTarget
  4. Prototypes are tested with both existing community and a key (targeted: non-English) persona

Objective 3: Migrate Mozilla’s community sites to WPengine in order to have these WordPress sites on a secure, reliable, maintained infrastructure

1. [IT Application Services] 100% of existing ParSys WPadmin hosted community sites migrated
  2. 1 additional community site migrated
  3. Existing Mozilla Community Web Services (MCWS) team is empowered to create the community sites transition plan

Q3/2017 OKRs for Participation Systems
Q4/2017 OKRs for Participation Systems
(Michael Kohler) #2

Does auth0 already know about the NDA status of volunteers? As far as I understand point 4 this is the goal of this quarter? mozillians.org -> LDAP -> CIS -> auth0, is this true?[quote=“hmitsch, post:1, topic:14905”]
CoSS project adds a third program, Developer Marketing Pilot
[/quote]

Do you have the resources to do so? My initial gut feeling would be “do one thing, and do it right”.

I’d suggest Brasil, as we had a request from there recently which would IMHO fit very well. //cc @geraldobarros

Thanks for the update!

Cheers,
Michael

(Henrik Mitsch) #3

Hi Michael,

exciting questions! Thanks for engaging, as usual.

No, Auth0 does not know about the NDA status yet. I doubt that we will get the group provisioning from Mozillians.org to CIS to LDAP to Auth0 working this quarter. Our current objective is to get a mocked Mozillians.org profile pushed along this path. We will have to see how things go to say whether or not group attributes will already be populated.

While I do understand your point, we deliberately choose to take a different direction. There are many dimensions to our decision. Not all of them I want to disclose publicly.

To your question: Adding another program could potentially increase access to resources. This would help us to build better utilities (i.e. do things right), which in case benefit the whole platform/ecosystem.

That’s an awesome recommendation. Thank you!

Best regards,
@hmitsch