Relmandash

I was thinking it might be a great way fro Community IT to get involved in supporting a product tool by helping improve and host Relmandash. In the past the Release Management Team has used this for tracking bugs although we had to take it down as it was hosted in a team members hosting and their host did not love its memory use.

Anyways the dash is pretty rough to deploy right now because the dependencies are old although in the grand scheme of things it is pretty light weight.

If this is something CiT is interested in it could definitely help https://github.com/mozilla/relmandash

I hope to port this to django in the future and build in TB product info so it can be used for TB in addition to Firefox.

@bkerensa Thanks for thinking of us and sharing. One question we discussed on the call after your proposal is whether this would traditionally be an IT/Ops task, or if it would be WebDev. Some of our members are interested in WebDev and I do have an area for Community WebDev, so if that’s really where it fits, we’re still interested in helping find resources for this.

It sounds like there are two components you’re asking for help with:

• Hosting and monitoring (definitely Community IT/Ops)
  • Fixing up the dashboard code itself (WebDev?)

Is that right?

It should not need any webdev it functionally works fine the deploy script
just needs some tuning.

Went through the instructions to get relmandash running, and I only hit a snag with one of bztools’s dependencies (it looks like that requirements.txt file needs --allow-unverified check and --allow-external check).

Was able to create an account locally, although it didn’t show any bugs in the dashboard…should that be working? Or do I not have the right bugs associated with my Bugzilla account?

Yeah you should not see anything as you are not in the right bugzilla groups.

Gotcha…so what’s the main work to be done here?

IIRC the dash does still need to be upgraded to support the new Bugzilla API endpoint and password hashing for accounts in postgresql.

Also if the postgresql standup bit can be scripted that too would be nice.