Self-signed addon is currently stuck at "Awaiting Review"

Problem seems to be fixed now, as mentioned here:

My updated addon is also available on AMO now.

Oops, I just realized I replied to the wrong thread. So, here it is again:

Thank you for the reports, this was a glitch that has been resolved. All add-ons should have been auto-approved by now.

In the future, please report technical non-sensitive issues at github.com/mozilla/addons/

Hi
I have same problem too

Hi there :slight_smile:

We are uploading updates to our addon regularly , and every time it’s approved automatically.

In the last few days, it is awaiting review and not being approved.

Can you please assist us with getting our addon approved again?

thanks!

1 Like

Hi
I have this problem now again.
Could you check it?

1 Like

I have the same problem. My addon has been in review status more than hours. It only took few minutes to got approved before. Please check. Thanks.

1 Like

Our addon has been “awaiting review” for over a month now. Can ANYONE please get this sorted? We’re attempting to get it signed using the AMO API at https://addons.mozilla.org/api/v4/

Addon id is “pangeo-beta@geoedge.com

I have an extension that is stuck for several weeks awaiting review too. Until recently, this process took minutes to hours.

It’s confusing and frustrating. The validator tool tells me my addon passes inspection and says “Your submission will be automatically signed.” But it seems like I am waiting on a manual review, otherwise, why the delay?

@bhkaiser Don’t hold your breath on this. We’ve got addons that have been waiting since June to be signed! Something is very wrong at AMO and they are not telling anyone what’s going on except “they’ve had some issues” (Can *Anyone* release extensions right now? To me, it looks like addons.mozilla.org is critically broken)

2 Likes

According to my Edit Product Page on AMO, there are currently 110 extensions queued for review.

Sad to see that I’m still receiving email notifications about this issue which I opened more than year and a half ago but people are still experiencing difficulties, for what it seems to be something trivial to fix, given the amount of time that has passed since then.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Awaiting Review for 8 days now… is there a way to contact mozilla support about it?

1 Like

Try Matrix, the #addon-reviewers room. This place is just shouting into an empty void.

1 Like

Same problem with {487609b5-5ca6-4c62-8523-11f3e1db851c}, awaiting for review for 35 days already

i tried your suggestion of posting in “matrix” the #addon-reviewers room, and got no response there either, so thats like shouting into a void too

Yeah I don’t know what to tell you unfortunately. I certainly can’t recommend any particular approach to getting their attention in the matrix room. I almost got myself kicked out of the room when I went, that would have been a disaster.

At a certain point what we need is a response from somebody who has more privileges and visibility into the situation than us and time and again that is what we don’t get. Failing that, we need another way to distribute extensions, which probably means a fork if somebody is going to sign them. What a mess. I get that they’re trying to deal with a bunch of pointless/harmful extensions but I don’t know about this communication issue.

2 Likes

Another idea, i guess they could do what Opera and Edge do, and that is allow Chrome extensions to be installed alongside native opera or edge extensions. After all firefox’s extensions api is basically a copy of chromes extensions api, so most extensions should be pretty compatible in theory. and Google have their own methods for verifying extensions are safe to use, so there should be a certain level of safety there.

Honestly they’re actually pretty different unless you use the polyfill, and that won’t work for me, Chrome’s extension API has no concept of a container tab so I can’t use Chrome. My extensions have been incompatible with Chrome since 0.31 because Firefox has a much, much better API for developing WebExtensions. It’s better in every way for me.

Same problem with {1e490ce1-f074-45d3-ac89-0a8e76f34470}, awaiting for review for more then month

2 Likes

Same thing here. Looks like there is something wrong with the Mozilla company.