[Support] FoxyTab

Foxytab seems to conflict with the zotero add-on. In the right-click tab context menu is the zotero link, but no foxytab icon. I deinstalled foxytab, and the zotero icon was no longer in the tab context menu. I reinstalled foxytab, and the zotero icon reappeared, but still no foxy in the context menu.

What is the URL for that?
In WebExtension they shouldn’t conflict. Is that a legacy addon?

Sorry for the inconvenience. Problem is solved. Zotero showed up where I expected the foxy-icon, but I placed the mouse pointer incorrect. I adjusted the pointer (and my glasses) - everything works fine. Thanks for your work !

Hi. Spanish translation is wrong, and it’s very annoying. Also there’s no option to change the language.

In the Refresh tabs options, more precisely “Refresh to the right” and “Refresh to the left” the translation is interchanged.

The arrow pointing left “<-” should read “Las de la izquierda” and the one pointing right “->” should be “Las de la derecha”.

Please fix this, and thank you very much for your work!!!

Thank you. I did not do the translation :wink:
There is no option in WebExtension to change the language at the moment.

You can add fixes to the language file for the next upgrade.

I am going to start working on the next update of FoxyTab. I am going to work on the following features that has been requested:

• Bookmark Tabs, Left, Right (done ✓) (Firefox already has a Bookmark All Tabs)
  • Create Desktop Shortcut for the Tab (done ✓) (tested on Win, not tested on Mac & Linux)
  • Copy URLs with Titles, All, Left, Right (done ✓)
  • Option regarding Pinned tabs (done ✓) (FoxyTab will not remove Pinned tabs in ‘Close Tabs to the Left’ any more, unless ‘Ctrl’ is pressed)
  • Custom Reload Interval (done ✓)

Also some new features:

• Implement a method to overcome limitation on Mozilla pages (done ✓)
  • Faster IP to country process (done ✓)
  • New Options page in new Tab (done ✓)
  • Add multiple Date displays in preferred languages in the Toolbar popup (done ✓)
  • Add multiple Clock displays in preferred languages and Time-zones in the Toolbar popup (done ✓)

Since the toolbar button has a very limited use at the moment I am planning to add a Tab-Unrelated feature which would bring the function of 2 (or more) other types of add-on into FoxyTab. Frankly, I have been missing this and have been planning it for a while.
I am planning to add a Time & Date display to the toolbar button and make it so that it can display multiple time zones if needed (i.e. like multiple clocks add-ons) and date in different formats. (done ✓)

If there are other requests, let me know and I will see about them.

I am preparing the release of the next version. I have changed a few left/right errors in the Spanish translation. I am waiting for an update for v2.11

Please add the tab mover addon features of moving the tabs to a window based on the window title

also if you could extend merge windows to merge only specific windows or use the move tab feature to move all window tabs to a specific windows it would be great

There is a limitation with WebExtension context-menu API and that it can not be updated before its is shown to show/know which window to move to.

That one added a lot off listeners to keep track of new windows and their content just for that reason. Those add a fair amount of processing.

The same issue as above.

However … the API has been created and will be available in Firefox 60, so then I can add it.
I will also see if there are any other ways of doing it.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215376

• reloadStop does not seem to work after customReload clicked.

• The options panel transitions animation are too long, it appear procrastinating.

• Could you transfer “bookmarks” as an optional permission?

• The clocks and settings are excess from my point of view, and I don’t want to see this add-ons bloated. You also can split it into a separate options panel, as well as consider disable it by default.

Thank you. I will test it.

It was 0.7 seconds, increased to 1 second for smooth animation (avoid jerky action). Is that a lot?

I can add optional permissions once all users are FF55+… but that adds a lot of complexity, to add all permission requests, and then remove each associated items (listeners, contetxt-menu, UI) if permissions are not granted.

There are a few permissions that would fall into that category.

I have explained it in my previous posts. This would bring the function of 2 other types of the addons (Date & multiple Clocks) into FoxyTab.

Without FoxyTab, you would need 7+ add-ons to have some (not all) of the functions of FoxyTab.

It can be easily disabled and removed by removing the Dates & Clocks options. personally, I use it all the time and have more than one Date & Clock.

I set a sample Date & Time since it is a new function/feature. I will disable it by default in future upgrades.

I tested separate panels, but didnt look good on a large monitor to have small pref setting on top and a massive empty space.

Have you seent the volume of the code?

Where I have written 600 lines of code for all of the functions of FoxyTab, others have written addons with 100,000+ lines of code doing just ONE of its functions, and using massive bloatware libraries that impact performance, security and privacy of the addon and users. :wink:

While it has more functions that users may need, most of them can be disabled to suit each user.

I guess I don’t like this animation more than 0.3s, I hope it appears immediately to allows read and operates.

Thanks.

It is likely that because of the animations and promiscuous options interface, it looks bloated rather than modular. I also hope the “Tab IP” (site flag) has a separate option.

Another issue, there is no “seconds” on customReloadDescription.

Hi. I’ve downloaded and installed this add-on on the Firefox browser on my Android smartphone but I can’t figure out how to use it?

It shows up on the list of installed add-ons in the browser but beyond that I don’t know how to use it!

How do you use this add-on on the Firefox browser on Android smartphones?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Then it wont animate. I tried 0.5s and it wasn’t that good. I will reduce it back to 0.7s

I didnt think an exact for second for LONG interval would be practical. Who would want to set an interval of 30 minutes and 12 seconds?

Sadly, FoxyTab doesn’t work on Android (lack of API). I disable compatibility with Android but it keeps on coming back.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I mean, it does not state its time unit, it’s just a 10.

I prefer it to ask the reload time with prompt on the page rather than setting a fixed time in the options.

I see… it is in the help and the rest are also in minutes, that is why it starts from 6 since 1-5 is already in the context-menu.

That is possible but you know the problem of inserting prompt via tabs.executeScript() (doesnt work everywhere and we end of with users complaining why it doesnt) and panel type window doest work when I tested.

New version made all menu settings reset was that expected behavior?

Sadly yes … Once new context-menu items are added, due to the nature of customisable context0menu, I didnt find a quick and reliable way to keep all the changes in the context-menu, so in this instance, the context-menu preferences are reverted to default.

In future, I will try to find a way to keep user context-menu preference, if new items are added.

1 Like

I’m trying to use FoxyTab on FF 58.0.1 on Win7 Pro x64 with Tab Session Manager and Tree Style Tab (the only add-ons I’ve installed so far in FF 58). I’ve installed and configured FT twice, but the menu never shows up on the tab context menu.

Is there a known conflict with either TSM or TST? If so, is there a work-around?

Tab Session Manager is similar and what it shows are just a list. FoxyTab is set to show on the actual Tab flap on the Tab Strip.