Text-decoration-skip and text-decoration-skip-ink compatibility tables are out-of-date

The compatibility table for these two properties needs updating.

In the case of the former property, Safari now defaults to the new value auto and supports the following values, behind the -webkit vendor prefix:

• auto
  • initial
  • ink
  • none
  • objects
  • revert
  • unset

For the latter property, Chrome and Opera now default to the new value auto with no vendor prefixes. They support the following values:

• auto
  • inherit
  • initial
  • none
  • unset

I don’t have time to submit a pull request on this so hopefully a regular contributor sees this and updates the tables.

Thanks for the info, @chris.zahller. I did have a couple of queries, before I do any updates:

1. The CSS text-decoration 4 spec lists different properties for text-decoration-skip.
  2. The spec also lists different properties for text-decoration-skip-ink — it only lists none and auto.

Which version of the spec are you looking at? Or does Safari support some kind of non-standard values for this?

Safari is supporting non-standard values. I’m looking at what the browsers actually support, using each browsers’ respective developer tools.

Thanks.

OK, understood; I’ll do some updates on this tomorrow.

…aaaand I didn’t get round to this before the vacation period. I’ve filed a documentation bug so we can get this triaged and it isn’t forgotten about: https://github.com/mdn/sprints/issues/814

2 Likes