Thread: Add-ons not working due to certificate expiration

No “fix” applied here so far and I am the same as 4pm UK time

Still no fix for OLDER versions?

2 Likes

Not for me. What a shambles…
Firefox is exceeding its capabilities & I will be moving on with Browsers.
You make Chrome look good.
I’ve had enough.

1 Like

It may take up to six hours for the Study to be applied to Firefox.

Please stay patient. The patch is currently rolled out worldwide to millions of installations. This will of course not happen immediately.
Please also remember the xpinstall.signatures.required pref (for Nightly users at least).

1 Like

Unless anything to do with the Brexit :slight_smile: and according the Mozilla post quoted above, had you the “Allow Firefox to install and run studies” setting already activated at the time of the Mozilla certificate incident?

As the temporary fix will take “a few hours” to spread all around the world, maybe the first target was devices already known as studies targets. People having activated this setting right now may have queued for a later acknowledgement of their installed add-ons.

Hope it helps… to be a little more patient!

So in effect: A universal forced update to v67 for everyone, no more favorite extension. Basically Chrome from here on out. Older version are all broken.

My Question stands. What about users who use OLDER versions and dont have that Allow Studies option

1: 52.9.0 (32-bit) is still broken, its now 12:49PM

2: Are you KIDDING ME? Because I am a new forum user I can only reply/post three times here?

1 Like

Not yet approved, but might be worth to give a try:

The six-hour wait can be dropped to seconds if you temporarily change the value of “app.normandy.run_interval_seconds” in about:config, restart, and then change it back to 21600 (six hours) after things are working.

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/#comment-225995

Please comment here if your Add-Ons are still disabled and the studies are active: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1549078

1 Like

Same here. Firefox, you are fooling no one. What an idiot thing to say about ad-ons that have been in existence for years. And then, in order to make our re-adding of the add-ons near to impossible, you put the blame on us. I have one of the fastest Internet speeds available, and you’re telling me the fault is on my end? Looking for other browsers that don’t try to control what you want to do on your own PC.
“Fix” as in “you got caught” ? People aren’t that stupid. Frankly your explanation sounds fishy.

WE HAVE ON OLD SAYING IN TEXAS:

We have an old saying in Texas: “If the damn! thing ain’t broke - don’t fix the damn! thing!” Try leaving things alone once in a while. A little change is good but you over work yourselves and cause more issues than you need to. Have a beer and get a bit of sleep. Duck Duck Go is used by 700,000 + users because it works. Please at least fix what you broke boys!

1 Like

At your own risk, the hotfix is located here:
hxxps://storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate@mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi
and app.update.lastUpdateTime.xpi-signature-verification is reset by the other hotfix.

The shield study feature landed years ago (I think since Firefox 53). The very old hotfix feature (Firefox 10) has not received an update so far.

I confirm that the issue has been fixed up for now. All my addons have enabled and they are shown in the toolbar correctly without my interference (automatically - there had to be some silent update).

Still I cannot install an addon. :upside_down_face:

It’s 16.00 cet now and this bug just activated on my phone… Good thing is that i have adaway and magisk and that i know all of my passwords…

great, for me its working again!

This so called fix isn’t even showing up in “about:studies” for me

None of my add ons have been restored

Not necessarily. Re: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/ the one that is currently most relevant is:

• hotfix-update-xpi-signing-intermediate-bug-1548973

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1549078#c9 draws attention to:

– I should not expect this hotfix to apply on mobile.

Proceed with caution. If in doubt, await further advice from Mozilla.

Automation of updates (for add-ons that were installed before the problem) has no effect on installation for this type of hotfix.

@Djfe, thanks! Going back in the history worked. That solution was too easy for me to think of on my own! (Slapping forehead.) :slightly_smiling_face: Fortunately when I signed on this morning, it looks like all is well in the FF world again. woo-hoo!

1 Like