Unable to login on addons.mozilla.org

Not sure where the right place to report this is, but this seemed like a good starting point…

If I go to the addons website, then select login, after some thinking time I’m presented with an error screen on both Firefox and Chrome, involving a security failure accessing oauth.accounts.firefox.com.

Firefox reports:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to oauth.accounts.firefox.com. The server uses key pinning (HPKP) but no trusted certificate chain could be constructed that matches the pinset. Key pinning violations cannot be overridden. Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_KEY_PINNING_FAILURE

And from Chrome:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from oauth.accounts.firefox.com.
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

You cannot visit oauth.accounts.firefox.com right now because the website uses HSTS

Any Ideas?

To anyone interested, further experimentation indicated that the only common factor to this problem was my router.

In case Chrome was right and my router has been compromised, I’ve reflashed & reconfigured the router and the problem has gone away.

This still leaves the fun security related questions, why was this only site I had issues with, and were my other connections really secure

You can read more about it here:

In short, your secure connections haven’t necessarily been compromised, but there was something in the middle (in your router) tampering with them and breaking that security test.