Raw notes here.
- Hi, my name is Mijanur, and I am from Bangladesh. Today the temperature in my city is 70 °F | °C
- Hi my name is Daniele and i am from Italy. Today the temperature in my city is 11 c
- Hi my name is mahmood qudah and i am from jordan . today the temperature in my city is 21 c
- Hi my name is Sara and I’m in SF. It’s 14 C here.
- Hi my name is Christos from Greece and it’s 13 C here.
- Hola, I’m Rubén from Spain 8 C here.
- Hi, my name is Konstantina from Greece, 16 in Athens
- Hi viswaprasath, From Chennai (tamilnadu), India
- Hi my name is Radhakrishna , and I am from Hyderabad . Today the temperature in my city is 29 c.
- Hi, I am Ikram and I’m from Dhaka, Bangladesh and today’s temperature here is 75 F/ 24 C
- Hi, my name is Francisco, and I am from Madrid. Today the temperature in my city now is 13º C / 55º F
- Hi, my name is George, and I am from Berlin, Today the temperature is SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY!!! YAAAAAA!!!
- Hi, my name is Guillermo, and I am from Buenos Aires. Today the temperature in my city is 32º C
- Hi, my name is Jobava and I am from Romania. Today the temperature in my city is 10ºC.
- Hi, I am Anis and I’m in Dhaka. It’s 24C here.
- Hi, I am Ashickur Rahman and I’m from Dhaka. Current weather is 24 C here.
- Ioana - Cluj Napoca Romania - Right now are 7ºC
- Hi my name is Lucy I am from Toronto and today the temperature in my city is 1ºC
- I’m Rosana, from bipolar Berlin, where there’s snow one minute and the next it’s gone
- Bolaram from Bangladesh
- Hi, I am Lavish from India
- Everyone involved in RepsNext working groups, meeting and working hard on next steps to make the program even greater! Wohooo!
- Mozilla India advocates who supported and were involved in the new rules there banning Software Patents
- To the 41 … 41 …41 … 41!!! people who have GitHub issues for cool stuff they are holding themselves accountable for in the first half of this year: https://github.com/mozilla/participation-leaders-accountability/issues
- Yofie who made the template for the campus campaign website in LESS THAN 24 HOURS! WOOOO!!! - https://github.com/mozilla/Community-Design/issues/35
- Mozilla India for first grand workshop on IOT/connected +1 (Ram, Rahul & Dipesh - Awesome work)
- Shahid for doing an AMAZING job as the Reps Council Chair. Raising the bar really high
TOPIC 1 - Encryption Campaign - Sara
- we launched an encryption campaign - lots of press due to apple
- Call for action - share the video
- we will have teaching kits at the second half of your campaign
- we are starting the videos on English and on the second half of the campaign
- we will have localizing efforts
Encryption campaign, efforts from regulators and governments to weaken encryption.
- We need a campaign to teach people about the value of encryption
- Elevator pitches: 30 seconds, 1 minute, worth practicing
- does the campaign needs designing efforts, cause we have a team
- yes, please e-mail Sara so you can get the support you need
- Reach out to l10n web group → https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n-web – will do.
- When the second phase is happening?
- we are realising the next 2 videos in the next 3 weeks.
- Second phase is starting in 2 weeks by no
- How can Mozillians explain that we are aligning with Apple and others right now when we are also their “competitors”?
- This is a great question - will work with policy to get some talking points.
- On this issue Mozilla and Apple (and Google?) are on the same side. There is a value on having trustworthy devices, backdoors make it possible for both hackers and foreign governments to get to the data.
- It’s not just people’s phones, in this connected world, people’s devices represent their lives, their bank account etc.explaining what encryption is a starting point.
- Sara will ask for FAQ for everyone to use
- Is this an opportunity to make us more visible as an org who is ALWAYS fighting for this rights?
- yes and it’s way to let people what encryption is and a way to reach people that are outside the community
- Thoughs/ideas by Jobava: Need to teach both about encryption but also the value of privacy. You can teach public key encryption using simple padlocks (everyone can lock, only the key unlocks) - can be workshop-worthy with actual padlock props and little boxes. Encryption has to be a hands-on experience, not just a faint assurance that their devices are somehow “secure”, without an idea what that might mean. Encryption has a really bad rendering in popular media (notably, CSI), even basic information may be worth spreading. Idea for a 60 second video debunking the CSI perception that encryption is something easy to break or trivial.
- RELEVANT LINKS:
- Check out the videos here ----> https://advocacy.mozilla.org/encrypt/2/
- Feel free to get in touch: email@example.com
TOPIC 2 - NDA process - Lucy
- New NDA process rolling out (fingers crossed) by March! - it’s a new system
- Admin training - next week
- Each group will roll out invitations in the coming weeks - for people that are not in the groups we need a staff to vouch for you in order to get an NDA
- All Reps will get NDA
- we wil have regular meetings
- more to come next week
TOPIC 3 - Fossasia - Franc
- We decided to participate with devrel and sponsor about 4-5 people
- It’s not only about giving a talk but you will have some commitments
- A more detailed plan will come after the talks are being decided
- We are planning for more technical talks but that doesn’t mean we will sponsor only them
- Selected people will be announced in Monday
- If you have questions ask Franc
- Check the Discourse topic. If you sent your proposal, register in this form: http://goo.gl/forms/BCIVNIGGw9
TOPIC 4 - Community Dashboards - Konstantina
- Communities will have the ability to get the data and populate their own dashboards
- QUESTIONS: Any feedback: add comment on github
TOPIC 5 - What we are working on in the council
- Working groups (if you’re interested on working on a working group, go on discourse)
- Reps Innovation fund (finalizing it’s form)
- Faizal is going to be the next council chair
- Questions? contact the council firstname.lastname@example.org
TOPIC 7 - Reps Call and Github (Ioana/Konstantina - read only due to time)