Lately I was thinking about live casting content to some more convenient place:
- A bigger screen to observe more details;
- A bigger screen to watch several streams simultaneously (ala security monitor);
- Louder speaker if you care only about sound (baby crying or whatever);
I have a Chromecast at my disposal so obviously my first candidate was Google Cast protocol  and as per  this protocol is natively supported by a bunch of interesting things:
- Chromecast (works with almost any HDMI capable monitor or TV);
- Chromecast Audio (works with various speakers from Sony, Vizio, LG etc.);
- Google Home;
- Nvidia Shield;
- Razer Forge TV;
- TVs with Android TV inside (eg. Vizio or Sony Bravia latest models);
- Bang and Olufsen multi room speakers;
- And more to come…
What do you think?
Does it sound like something we’d like to have (short or long term)?
P.S. And you probably remember my toy demo where IP cam stream has been redirected to my monitor via Chromecast Foxbox adapter supported by Rust chromecase-link lib ,