Why is the "RELATED TOPIC" heading enclosed in an <h4> tag?

On MDN Learning sites, there are two sidebars, one on the left, and the other on the right. The top heading of the left sidebar, which says: “RELATED TOPICS” is enclosed in <h4> tag, whereas the sidebar on the right, whose heading says: “IN THIS ARTICLE” is enclosed in <h2> tag. To me they both sound semantically equal (both are giving a heading to a sidebar), so both should be enclosed in <h2> headings. Can someone explain the choice of <h4> heading for the left sidebar heading? Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi @akaAbdullahMateen and welcome to the community :wave:

I was surprised that your six days old topic only popped up today. Just wondering: Do you have an idea why this happened?

The choice of <h4> for “Related Topics” feels random to me. I can’t give you an explanation why this level was chosen. Maybe you could open an issue at the Yari repo (MDN’s platform code):

Have a nice day,
Michael

2 Likes

Hello @akaAbdullahMateen @mikoMK

i guess he post in other category and someone move it or maybe he moved it here as his title is edited

and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unlikely. I receive a mail whenever new topics are opened in MDN or Learn and I got this mail some days ago, but nothing showed up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

not sure then :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@mikoMK
there issue in the discource one of the notifications did not show up
this one

i did not get notification about it not in here not in email also

2 Likes

I am sooo sorry I could not reply you in time! The system blocked my post saying it is spam. And I tried to revisit the post for a few days in start, then I gave up, thinking it is not coming back.
But anyway, now that it is back, THANKS a lot for your replies!

2 Likes

Just for a bit of explanation: I got a message similar to: “Akismet has hidden your post because it might be spam. Our staff will review it”.
Here is the screenshot of the system notification I recieved.

2 Likes

And once again I am so sorry that I am replying after 6 days, because I thought this post was gone forever. I am new in here, and I do not know how the spam bots work. Maybe the excessive use of HTML entities such as less than, greater than characters, made the bot think that I am a bad actor trying to embed harmful scripts.

2 Likes

No problem, @akaAbdullahMateen. Everything is fine. :slightly_smiling_face:
There were some random spam blocks of new users in the past. It’s not really clear why they happen to some users, but not for others. :roll_eyes: (At least not for me)

2 Likes

:smiley: Thank you! Have a nice day :blush:

2 Likes