Owners: Christos Bacharakis & Michael Kohler
There are a lot of questions that do not fit into one of the other working groups or are too broad for them. With the work that is done in the other working groups, we have a lot of changes to bring the program forward. This also means that questions arise on how to deal with the changes.
The goal of this working group is to track and answer the broad questions we have around overall, program-wide topics (have a look at the questions below).
Key results (for now without timeline, let’s define this during our first meeting):
- Have a clear plan on how we handle specializations (combining? choosing? process for joining specializations)
- Have a clear plan on how we will encourage recognition
Possible Questions that need to be answered:
- Should we specify a ratio for Reps responsibility?
- Are Reps still going to be equal?
- If there is a local Rep laking of one category, this might force the local community to be less efficient. How can we deal with that?
- If I’m a local Rep and are in the Resource specialization, would I need to file budgets for other regions as well?
- Can multiple specializations be combined?
- Can a specialization be changed?
- How are we dealing with the feeling that some specializations might have a bigger value in terms of “Recognition” than others?
- Some categorizations might have bigger involvement from Mozilla teams and others, how do we balance that in terms of opportunities than every specialization has?
- Will the specialization be based on what a Rep has done in the past or not? Should it just be the skillset the Rep has?
- Will there be assignments or will everyone need to choose?
- In the proposal, the last sentence of the 3rd specialization doesn’t make sense, we need to look at this!
How to get involved
If you are interested in helping in this group, please fill out the following doodle with next week dates for an initial meeting
Please fill out this Doodle for the first meeting!