We’re happy to announce a new version and address of the Sentence Collector. When you now head over to https://commonvoice.mozilla.org/sentence-collector you will be able to log in to the Sentence Collector using your usual credentials you’ve been using on the Common Voice website! The old address will forward you to its new home, so existing links in documentation and Discourse posts will continue to work.
Action Required - Migrate your account
If you previously had an account for the Sentence Collector, you can migrate it to the new website after logging in. Click on “Migrate Account” in the sidebar and enter your previous credentials. This will make sure you don’t need to configure your languages again as well as making sure that you’re not losing your statistics.
Please migrate your account until end of day of November 7th (no matter your time zone), as we will shut down the old instance.
Reach out to me or write in this Discourse post if you have any issues with the migration.
User-facing changes and improvements
- You can now log in with Auth0, the same process as on the Common Voice website!
- Improves performance in general
- More granular statistics on their own page - updating every 6 hours
- Statistics now show real value and are not cut off at 10k
- More robust sentence submission and better duplication checks
- Show both native and English language names in profile and front page
- The submission ID is now saved, so in the future we can identify sentences that belong to the same submission
- Possibility to download sentences list through API for further text analysis
- Fixed “Swiping Review Tool” setting to work on first click
- Show Source on Review Cards
- MySQL backend
- Faster export logic
- New API endpoints, see README in the GitHub repo
- General cleanup of issues in the GitHub repo
- Refactoring of React components to use functions and hooks
- Tests for backend code
- Initial infrastructure for frontend tests
- Dependency updates
- Staging server
If you should find any bugs, please report them at https://github.com/Common-Voice/sentence-collector/issues.
Happy to answer any questions you might have.