Assessment wanted for Marking up a letter (time tag issue)

Hi guys,
I just finished up the assessment and was wondering why the first time tag isn’t aligning to the right. It has the same class attribute as far as I can tell and when I omit the closing tag it right aligns everything else so would anyone have any ideas?

Here’s the code.
Thanks for the help!

Hello @aurarian

you doing great well done and the issue related to the first time tag cause it inline element which you will learn about on the css part of the course
you can overcome that by wrap the time element inside p element and set the class on p not the time element
or put the time element inside the first address

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response! It’s very nice to receive such positivity as I make my way through this. I did not know the element was inline, but why does a text-align rule not work with inline elements like time?

AFAIK, inline elements don’t respond to other ways to align or space like margin-top/bottom because of their nature, but it should theoretically work given that the instructions on the assessment say to add the class to both the first date and address.

What would be the reason? Did I misinterpret something?

Thanks in advance!

you very welcome and i am just making my way also :slight_smile:

i think they meant about the inline and block from html point of view the semantic meaning not how css view it

this would help to explain what i meant with inline and block from the css point of view

in short block element start from the beginning of line till the end of it that why element like p start as new line that why it can align to left or right cause it aware of the width

but inline start from the point it show up till it end it controlled by the line that it display on it so it controlled by the block it part of so it does not know anything about the width

but you can ignore it as it part of the css course which you will learn later
let me know if i should explain it in better way :slight_smile:

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile: