Best source to study full stack?

hey, i have accountant bachelor and want to study full stack, and build few projects for idea i have, to improve accountant, i need front but mostly back i guess .
i started to study here in mdn and is great, but i saw the course is only front-end, while i want to study also back end, i prefer to study by reading than videos
which source do you recommend?

Hi @don_933 and welcome to the community :wave:

MDN has a section about Server-side website programming (Django and Express). As you just start your developer journey maybe the Express Web Framework is interesting for you. It is written in JavaScript and uses Node.js. This means: By learning JavaScript you could use the same language on the front-end and back-end. Here is their website with guides and api references: https://expressjs.com

Michael

hey! thank you for your response
actually i already study python in collage (not very deep) so i prefer to keep with this,
but can i study in MDN all the things i need to know ? like Sql, how to write back end efficient etc?

1 Like

I haven’t worked through the Django courses, but I would rather look at it as an introduction to the different aspects of the framework than as a complete guide. It’s a good starting point, I guess.
Recently, someone else asked here about SQL on MDN. Unfortunately, it’s not part of the MDN learning area. This was my answer: Web development

Michael

thanks! what do you think about full stack open?
can i start from there?

I haven’t heard of it before. After a quick look through the index and some content it seems it is very well structured.
It uses ReactJS on the front-end which is the most popular front-end framework at the moment. For the back-end Express is used (as mentioned in my first reply). As database they use MongoDB which is quite different compared to MySQL or PostgreSQL. It is a popular solution. Although you won’t learn SQL there as you mentioned in your second post.

If you decide to work through this course, it would be cool to come back one day to give us some feedback about it. :sunglasses:

Michael

sorry for asking so many question
but do you think it right to start straight from framework ?
and not from more basic view with html,css and js like mdn, and after i can choose framework?

im confuse from all the option, and the right way to start my projects, but also to understand what im doing and not just running to the last technology

No need to be sorry. This community exists so you can ask questions :smiley:

I absolutely recommend first going through the basics of HTML, CSS and JS on MDN. Especially when working with JS frameworks it is very hard to understand what is happening, when you diverge from the examples in the various tutorials and you don’t know the basics of JavaScript itself.

I have to leave now, but feel free to ask more questions if needed. I will be back in a few hours.

Michael

1 Like