FF57 browser.windows.create() displays blank popup

Hey add-on developers:
My add-on calls browsers.windows.create() api to display a popup. However after the recent FF57 updates, the popup shows up as blank. I have to either right click or drag&resize the popup for it to display the content.

Basically, this does not work correctly anymore in FF57:
browser.windows.create({
‘url’: ‘my-popup.html’,
‘type’: ‘popup’,
});

Currently I’ve seen this issue on WIndows7, Windows10, Ubuntu(14.04.5). However, the problem does not appear on MacOS(High Sierra).

Does anyone know if there is filed bug tracking this?

Thanks

The popup in my extension works fine, but if resizing the popup helps, I’d suggest you do that programmatically after opening it.

Hi Niklas,
I tried pragmatically update the size with browser.windows.update, and it does not solve the problem. The content is only displayed after manually resizing by dragging the border of popup.

Also, speaking of the popup that works fine in your extension, is that the popup showed when you click your extension icon? In my case, the popup displayed by clicking the icon also works fine, but the popup created by calling browser.windows.api does not.

Nope. I was referring to an actual popup:

I tried pragmatically update the size with browser.windows.update, and it does not solve the problem.

That is unfortunate. I’d suggest you check if other popups work (e.g. download the extension with the screenshot above and in the popup choose the menu then Open in popup) and if they do, change your CSS.

I’ve had that exact same problem: Popups appear as blank, display when resizing or opening the context menu.
However, the workaround to resize the popup window using browser.windows.update() did work for me.

Hey guys, just started developing Firefox extensions and I am getting this weird behavior, popup created as window shows up blank and have to right click or resize. Any fix besides the browser.windows.update() ?