How can I prevent websites from logging me out due to inactivity using add-ons?

I am currently working with five different websites that have short session lifespans, logging me out after 10 to 15 minutes of inactivity. To address this issue, I created a browser extension to help me stay logged in. However, my initial attempts, such as reloading the page, opening and closing tabs automatically, and switching tabs to stay active, have resulted in a poor user experience. Additionally, page reloads could lead to data loss for the work in progress.

I tried making background requests, but these websites employ complex headers and cookies, making it challenging to handle them effectively. I utilized the webRequest API to capture requests and their headers, as well as gathered cookies and localStorage elements, but I’m struggling to integrate all these components together.

Since I’m unsure about the specific technology stack these websites are using and they seem to have high-security standards, I’m wondering if there might be a better approach to prevent the automatic logout due to inactivity. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Does the Session Alive extension not work?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)