importError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found

Got it fixed few months back when I encountered same issue while import cv2 in python, followed the steps mentioned by Biks in this stackoverflow thread https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43184887/dll-load-failed-error-when-importing-cv2, and it got resolved

1.Turn windows features on or off

2.Skip the roles screen and directly go to Feature screen

3.Select “Desktop Experience” under “User Interfaces and Infrastructure”

forgot to update this thread as it’s been quite a while

So it is a missing dep against mfplat.dll ?

I did just check mfplat.dll is available in c:\winows\system32

Ok, I think I have a handle on the problem. I created a python script that simple imports deepspeech and I run that using cdb. The libdeepspeech.so library has an illegal instruction in it, I assume this is AVX as I’ve seen post relating to that. I ran coreinfo from sysinternals and verified that the board does not support AVX, the processor should as it is a i7 960.

Question is can I run deepspeech without AVX? I’m trying to use it as a stt server for a mycroft assistant.

So I know the answer to the question, just build it without AVX and I will suffer performance issues.

I have a similar error working on an IIS webApp that use traditional CGI and python on a Windows 10 Enterprise workstation. If I try to execute something that uses pymssql, pyodbc, etc. I get the importError: DLL load failed. However, I can execute the exact same server-side code on our production Windows 2016 IIS server from Firefox. It only fails in Firefox on my Windows 10 workstation with a localhost url.

The same localhost url targeting Python CGI through IIS works fine on a Chrome based browser. So my workaround has been to switch Browsers for Python CGI code.