Mozilla Buys Pocket: Ask your questions here!

I never heard about Pocket before, so at least when Mozilla ads this to me, it doesn’t tell me what good for me.

I mean, I don’t understand, what a “Save it later” or what Pocket can do the things before can not?
Can’t I just bookmark a page or even pick my phone directly and open history tab? Firefox already does sync the URL to my other device for me in the end anyway? Why Pocket?

I have been using Pocket for some time, and am just now switching from Chromium over to Firefox. On Chromium with the Pocket extension, when I save an article to Pocket, the popup lists three recommendations for related articles, which I at times find useful for exploring different views on the same topic. On Firefox, no such list of related articles appears.

I have set my new tab page to include the recommendations by Pocket, but they are mostly general recommendations (trending articles) rather than things related to what I have just saved, so I will be turning that back off.

Is this lack of related article recommendations normal on Firefox, or is it something peculiar to my setup? If it’s just me, is there any way for me to fix it?

What is Pocket? | Firefox Help

Of course I read the Firefox help.
Now you.
Save “blogs, news sources, web pages, and videos, to one place”,
what, I use bookmarks and open-tab sync to do exactly the same thing.
We have thousand Android System Webview based browser out there, in Google Play store.

I mean, Pocket’s introduction is a nonsense.
Why people would wasting time on a new thing that if it can’t tell people why it’s special, in five minutes.

Your view of something as wasteful is not universal.

This topic was indented to collect feedback a few years ago when we acquired Pocket.

If you have additional feedback about the current Pocket project at Mozilla, please create a new topic in this category.

Thanks!

1 Like