Polish dataset download

I had tried to add sentence from another profile and number of
added senteces didn’t increase

Ruben told to not add sentences in collector from wikipedia …

Wikisources is a different project by the Wikimedia foundation, and serves basically only as a database of PD works. The restriction on Wikipedia is only on the main project itself (and possibly some of the other projects), and that is due to the reason that the content there is originally created by the Wikipedia contributors, who retain the rights to their content under the CC-BY-SA license or some similar (and thus, it is not CC0)

thx for the hint :wink: !!! i’m going to prepare batch from
wikisource then :slight_smile:

Ok -can You cleanup my sentences from movie subtitles then?
(aiteam) - i’m preparing new batch from wikisources

Not me. @mkohler could you please unless you find a better way?

Will do this weekend.

@aiteam, please remember to add source of text when uploading them :wink: .
Also You can read this topic (among many others) which has some useful info for processing sentences https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/help-needed-in-processing-large-polish-text-base/40778. Since it seems You are knowledgeable in NLP and stuff (at least more than me, an amateur) maybe You would like to share your scripts with the community? I am sure we will find more sentence sources waiting to get processed in many lanuages.

Hey Kuba,

what type of infromation should be in source? (link, type eg.

wikisource, title of the novel/book)?

NLP is in my case is just beginning ;) when i'll be ready i'll

publish my sources :slight_smile:

BR

Good to hear about NLP :wink: . Well I think material/book title and author would be good and maybe short url of website? When uploading texts from wolnelektury.pl I tend to put something like: Author;Title;wolnelektury.pl. And by the way You can skip this site as I already downloaded most of what was useful there.

Digression, is it only me or Your posts have odd formatting? To me they show as normal text

interupted by such text

ok- ill put source url of book/novel. Dont worry bout wolne
lektury i’m scrapping wikisource atm.

bout formating - maybe it’s mozillas thunderbird issue :frowning:

I can only find sentences with the source “own choosed and edited”, can you be more specific here?

that was eactly what i had meant

This is done. I haven’t run an export yet, but the deletion in the voice-web repo will be part of the next export.

Can we use GNU GPL v3 dataset? I am thinking about NKJP

Unfortunately sources have to be CC-0 only.

Sources have to be CC0 - compatible for the use in Common Voice. GNU GPL specifically would forbid a few possible usecases for the resulting dataset due to it’s share-alike policy.

Hi,
I Can see transcriptions there on the GitHub (https://github.com/mozilla/voice-web/tree/master/server/data/pl)
Can I also get corresponding audio files somewhere right now, before the official corpus is released?
Best regards

Currently the only process we have right now is the full dataset publication, but we are working on improving this year so we can have more frequent or continuous access to the updated dataset.

Also please note these are not “transcriptions”, these are sentences to record. On Common Voice people read sentences, we don’t transcribe voices.