My use case is simple, yet so hard to achieve.
My first step into IOT is mainly about lights and copy current “wall” setup.
Bedroom as an example:
- one room with two windows with lamps.
- one bed with two sideboards having reading lamps.
- lamp in the ceiling.
- Coming into the room it should be possible to turn on lamp in ceiling and window.
- From bedside (two sides) it should be possible turn on reading lamp, window and ceiling lamp.
- Everything should be controlled from Mozilla iot gateway.
Any suggestion how to achieve this thing of setup?
I have tried different devices to build this but run into different issues that I would like to share:
- cost, at least if I expand this to rest of apartment. IKEA is a option.
- Limitations in functions/device.
- Few remote controllers that can be paired with gateway.
- Few remote controllers in general, respect to my needs.
- Noticed vierd functions
- IKEA lamp. If mains goes away and returns all connected lamps are turned on.
- Future problems.
- If the Central point ( read gateway ) stops working, how to turn on/off lights?
Please free to comment/discuss my post.