So. Now we can not even turn off proton?

If Mozilla was considerate to its users, which is not, it would have not pushed this Proton update to coincide with the release of the last ESR.

Did you think all those millions from Google were just for the search option?

Sears had a similar experience, destruction from the inside (CEO) by bleeding the company’s cash (dividends), while stores suffered from a lack of merchandise (people moved on).

No wonder Mozilla spends so much energy and resources in failed/useless projects, connect the dots.

For the moment, still using FF ESR 78.15.0 and if I need more security I use a sandbox or Vivaldi.

1 Like

We shouldn’t have to resort to css files to do things that used to be/should still be options in the browser itself. I wish Mozilla would stop removing options from the end user in regards to UI tweaks, that’s the entire reason I use Firefox.

2 Likes

Until the 103 update your code worked perfectly showing the accent colour in the title bar of the active window. What do I have to change to make that working again?

Hello @zfor, indeed, this is because FF renamed a few things, see https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/comments/w9t89v/tab_bar_windows_accent_color_in_firefox_103/

I made a quick and bit ugly hack for things to work well again, so instead of the sequence you refer to, this one works well for me as of FF 103 (the last piece adds a red line at top of tab to better see it when FF is not focused, you can skip it if you do not want it):

/* Dynamic window (tool / menu) bar */

#toolbar-menubar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
  background-color: AccentColor !important;
  color: AccentColorText !important;
}

#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
  background-color: AccentColor !important;
}

#toolbar-menubar:not(:-moz-lwtheme):-moz-window-inactive {
  background-color: unset !important;
  color: ThreeDShadow !important;
}

#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme):-moz-window-inactive {
  background-color: unset !important;
}

/* Show better top border of tab */
#tabbrowser-tabs:not([noshadowfortests]) .tab-background:is([selected], [multiselected]) {
  box-shadow: 0 0 4px rgb(255, 0, 0) !important;
}
1 Like

Thank you for your effort.