Targeted Links Issue

i have same issue please solve this issue as soon as posiible

I have same issue with the development of wordpress

@farhan_javed @davidvissa do you have iThemes installed?

1 Like

@farhan_javed @davidvissa

We filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1685056 to track the issue.

The problem was fixed on Firefox 86 (it should be in the next Nightly build). It will probably be uplifted to Firefox 85 (Beta/Devedition) soon.

In the meantime you can either disable the popup blocker, or if you are using iThemes, you can disable tabnapping as @wpdv mentioned ( iThemes Security > WordPress Tweaks > Protect Against Tabnapping)

1 Like

@jdescottes @emilio1 Sharing confirmation that the issue I first reported has in fact been fixed in Firefox v85.0b9 with both settings enabled: Firefox > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Block pop-up windows and iThemes Security > WordPress Tweaks > Protect Against Tabnapping. Targeted links are working again. Thank you all for fixing this. Have a wonderful weekend!

this is my wordpress site in which i face this problem

@davidvissa which version of Firefox are you using? We just released FF85, so this bug should now be fixed on all versions of Firefox available. Can you check which version you are using?

If you still have the issue with Firefox 85, you might be experiencing a different problem. It would be great if you could share more details about your scenario.
Either here, or on Bugzilla

(quickly tried the linked website with FF85 and “Block popup windows” enabled, all links seem to work for me)

It happens the same in gmail with firefox 86 using a Private Window. It used to work.

• Go to gmail
  • click on a hangouts users.
  • open the chat window
  • click in the camera to make a video call.
  • click in video call (no google meet)
  • review the console.
  • observe message: Opening multiple popups was blocked due to lack of user activation.