Raw notes can be found here.
- Hi, my name is Emin Mastizada, and I am from Azerbaijan
- Hi, my name is Mijanur, and I am from Bangladesh.
- Hello, Harsha Bandaru from Hyderabad , INDIA
- Hi my name is Stefan AKA @costenslayer and im from the UK
- Hi, My name is Jb, I am from Uganda
- Hi my name is @thephoenixbird , and im from Venezuela. I love to have Freddie Mercury in the call next time to talk with us about music.
- Hi, my name is Santiago and I’m from Uruguay, I love the oportunity to lead the call
- Hi, i am @yofiesetiawan from Jakarta, Indonesia
- Hi my name is Aniruddha Adhikary, from Bangladesh
- Hi, my name is Francisco, I am from Madrid, and I would love to have Tech-Speakers to talk about their experience
- HI m y name is @emma_irwin and I am from Sooke, Canada, I would love eto have Dietrich come on the next call to talk about all the cool technology they demoed in Mozfest (thanks was checking that speling) including VR and FFOS Smart TVHello,
- Ruben here from Spain, I would love someone from a community that never attended the call to come and speak about his community plans.
- Hi Konstantina from Greece, I would love to have Larissa to talk about diversity in Mozilla +1
- Hi, I’m @rosana , very quiet today
- Hi, I am Ioana from snowing Cluj and I would love to have the people from Social Media to tell us more how they coordinate all accounts and the localized ones.
- Hi, I’m @george here in Toronto today
- Guten Tag from Berlin - Brian and Mario(21)
- San James from Kampala
- Greetings - Bucharest says hi - Guillaume, @gabriel_micko & @flaki joining live from HowToWeb conference (22,23)
- Hi I Am Shafique Patni Mozilla Reps From India, I love to have effective organise event and manage team.
- (Rosana) Shout out to Aniruddha Adhikary for workingon getting Firefox for Android on “GOLDBERG”, a smartphone brand in Bangladesh!
- (Ioana ) Akshay - for making the isometric github display available for Firefox too - https://github.com/jasonlong/isometric-contributions/issues/5
- Shout out to Telegram team for helping us to fix the Reps group!
- Shout out to all those sharing their #MozThx2015
- Dorothee for being Rep of the Month ! https://reps.mozilla.org/u/Dorothydaf/ way to go Dorothee!! (from proud mentor)
- To Santiago for chairing the Reps call for the first time!
TOPIC 1 - Brian King on Firefox OS playbook
- Check out and register on https://firefoxos.mozilla.community/
- created a playbook for Firefox OS inspired by the webmaker playbook
- main goals - increase the number of contributions
- Foxfooding is the main initiative
- main contribution opportunities
- porting gaia
- firefox OS on android
- Any “end” or “deadline” for foxfooding programme? - Yofie -> Initially 6 months program - if all goes well we will add more time to that
TOPIC 2 - Bucharest Live - live feed from the #WebVR booth at How To Web
- How To Web - Reps, TechSpeakers and Mozillians everywhere!
- What’s WebVR - DevRel & the “WebVR demo roadshow”
- What is people opinion on VR on the web? they love it. really. huge queues all the time! also, it’s very experimental now, so they are looking forward to it maturing
- What’s the most exciting thing to come you have been presenting? Probably the most enjoyed demo is the one called “Rainbow Membrane”. It’s an interactive demo where you can manipulate/sculpt a colorful bearded face. People love it, and are very funny to watch too! See @dietrich 's video from MozFest with kids playing with Rainbow Membrane.
- What is the lowest, entry level thing you can do to start learning to dev VR? or even teach someone else? You could get a Cardboard VR viewer and use it with Firefox for Android Nightly or latest Firefox OS (nightly-latest recommended.)You might need a beefier phone to be enjoyable, but theoretically it could work even on a Flame.
- To setup WebVR Mobile
- on Firefox for Android Nightly (can also be enabled in latest Firefox OS Nightly):
- Use a cardboard: https://twitter.com/dietrich/status/663467202989989889.
- Download from https://nightly.mozilla.org/ [Android (ARMv7, 3.0 Honeycomb and above)].
- You may need to set about:config -> dom.vr.enabled = true
- on Firefox OS / foxfooding phones:
- Switch channel to nightly-latest.
- Connect to PC, use WebIDE to flip settings -> dom.vr.enabled = true
- For a desktop setup you need a good cpu & gpu, plus at least an Oculus DK2 headset and optionally a LeapMotion gesture controllerfor details of setting that up, reach out to the WebVR Slack folks (link below) or drop me a mail: flaki at mozilla dot hu
TOPIC 3 - Featured Future Events (Franc) 5 mins (or less)
TOPIC 4 - Help me with my project!
TOPIC 5 - What we’re working on in Council -Nuke
- Council and Peers have been working last and this week unifying all the proposals we have been getting during this year to improve the Reps program. We continue discussing and putting all the information together to be able to share a draft for public feedback soon with the rest of the program.
- Council has been working with mentors providing a list of questions all budget requests should answer in order to have all the information needed by the time it gets to the Council, saving everyone’s time, redducing frustrations and making initiatives more impactful. Please, reach out your mentors to get updates about this
TOPIC 6 - NEW MASCOT (Mozilla Indonesia Community) - Yofie
- We are about to launch our new mascot to refresh the branding of the local community. We believe that we can send better message to users if we do marketing in creative ways. We were done with the VOTING phase few months ago. Now we want to continue to vote for name for our new mascot. We will expand this mascot to create a comic strip to send Mozilla message with creative way, with comic. We are partnering with a local illustrator company, Petshopbox (Kuswanto) in make this possible and a success.
TOPIC 7 - Getting Firefox for Android on the GOLDBERG phone - Aniruddha from Bangladesh
GOLDBERG is a smartphone manufacturer operating in Bangladesh currently producing Android smartphones. I have recently got employed as a Firmware Engineer, and replaced Google Chrome with Mozilla Firefox (Fennec).
Volunteer Opportunities within Participation team.
- Check Chelsea’s e-mail on Reps general - hot on iphone campaign
Participation Call - we will talk about transitioning resources, staying connected, and share how each of us plans to build participation at Mozilla in 2016
- Give thanks!