Raw notes can be check here.
- Hi my name is Elio, and I am from Tirana, Albania. My biggest wish is to have no jetlag between Singapore & FOSDEM
- Hi, I’m Michael from Switzerland
- Hi, I’m Daniele, and i am from Italy. My biggest wish for 2016 is do the Mozilla Day event in Italy
- Hi, my name is Fauzan, and I am from Bandung, Indonesia(but currently on my way to Sydney. My biggest wish for 2016 is to do my best as Reps! (online from the plane? :O)
- Hi, I am Ankit from India my wish for 2016 is to learn some more dance moves
- Konstantina today from Berlin and my wish is to survive Singapore without Mozflu
- Hello, my name is Francisco, and I am from Spain, and my biggest wish for 2016 is to help mozillians to have great events. +1
- Hi! My name is Lucy and my biggest wish for 2016
- Hi, my name is Anis and I am from Dhaka
- Hi, my name is Rara and I am from Jakarta, Indonesia. My wish is to survive on the next weekend in Singapore
- Hi, I am Ikram and I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh. My biggest wish for 2016 is to make more impactful activities for Mozilla as Mozillian
- Hi, my name is Sumanth from India. My biggest wish for 2016 is visit as much countries as possible!
- Hi, my name is Mariot and my biggest wish for 2016 is finding a job and moving out
- Hi, my name is Ankit Mehta from India. My biggest wish for 2016 is to learn horse riding
- Hi, my name is Rosana, and my throat is hurting today, so I won’t speak
- Hi, my name is George, and I’m the same colour as Rosana today for some strange reason, and my biggest wish for 2016 is to see one breakthrough idea for Mozilla come from non-staff contributors.
- Hi, I am Ioana
- Hi, I am Yofie from Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Hi I am Rahul from Bhopal, India.My biggest wish for 2016 is India should amend proper net neutrality in constitution.
- Hi I am Radhakrishna Pemmasani from Hyderabad.
- Please join us in congratulating @flaki as Rep of the Month for December! Congratulate him on the discourse thread.
- Ankit and the Indian task force for their work on #privacy month and Diwanshi, Ankit Mehta, Siddhartha, Mayur, Vishal, Jafar and the whole Mozilla India Advocacy team
- Big thank you to Tasos for his amazing work done for Mozilla Reps! (and for letting Elio enjoy 1 day trial of being an Alumni )
- Francisco for organizing the Leadership Summit and helping the attending Mozillians.
TOPIC 1 - Privacy Campaign - Ankit
- We decided to celebrate the whole month as a privacy month so we can educate people
- In order to do this we created a team and a wiki page
- The campaign have online and offline contribution
- Online: We are posting a tip per day(14 until now), tweeting and using hashtags and encouraging Reps to participate
- Offline: we have events and we created guidelines for Reps. We also ask Reps to share their experience from their events
- Check our blogpost for more information
- Many other communities have been aleady supporting our campaign
- What are the top 2 things we have learned so far from this campaign that can be useful to other planning and actions for 2016?
—> 1) a lot of people even if there are in internet are not aware that privacy is at risk, so creating more educating resources in simple language or graphics to educate them
—> 2) we need to collaborate more with other organizations that are advocating for privacy (we stated working with tor and we shoud do that more)
------- Seems also as though we could be building some of these partnerships upfront as well.is there a way from the participation team to help you gather those lessons (like graphics from the community design team)we need help with graphics that would be awesome
Shoutouts to: Diwanshi, Ankit Mehta, Siddhartha, Mayur, Vishal, Jafar and the whole Mozilla India Advocacy team.*
- RELEVANT LINKS:
- Get Involved: Online and Offline - #privacymonth #advocate4privacy
- Stay safe online
TOPIC 2 - Mozilla.de mid term planning - Michael
- 4 different topics
- community structure, we need to document that in the wiki, we also need responsible persons for functional areas in order to act as mentors as welcome new people
- website–> we need to get the contributors they found us through there
- meeting/updates they happen biweekly, we don’t have a lot of attendace any more, we are launching a survey in order to see how efficiently structure this
- Social media: they are seperate them so we need to currate them and add better content
- How can you mitigate the risk of being too focused on the internal issues (and what are those risks?) instead of setting “external” goals?
- if we are focused on extrenal goals the community itself won’t be ready to handle them --> seems like a tricky chicken/egg challengeit is indeed!
- Is there value in doing the meetup along with a few other communities in the area? Poland, Baltic?
- we are mostly focused in the language
- is anyone from the community in contact of MJ Kelly?
- not sure, but great input!
ACTIONS: the social media team is looking for german speaking contributors
- RELEVANT LINKS:
- Blog post
- GitHub Issues
TOPIC 3 - Featured Future Events (Franc) 5 mins (or less)
TOPIC 4 - What we’re working on in Council - Rara
- Last of the year campaign
- people with no activity for the last 3 months received a certificate and moved to Alumni
- since some mentors were moved to we are working on re-assigments
- active Reps received a certificate too
TOPIC 5 - Community-Design Group Quick Announcement (Elio + Lucy)