Welcome, Android extension devs!

Awesome catch, @lordpipe! I’ll see if I can find out when that landed.

My MV3 addon, which used to work, stopped working in 116 and still doesn’t work in nightly 121.

It doesn’t specifically request permissions - I was able to grant them in the addons manager in the permissions tab. (On desktop I can grant when accessing one of the affected sites too.)
Is that functionality to be restored? If so what’s the bug number?
Or do I have to add a permissions request for the two sites affected, which I don’t have to do on desktop?

Is it possible to make dictionary-add-ons from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/language-tools/ available for Firefox for Android?

I’ll see if I can get some info on this, @Fjoerfoks.

Oh my God! I’ve been struggling with mv3 host permissions on Android for a long time. Thanks for sharing this way. It really saved my time.

@DaveRo, the link you included implies that you have a Manifest V3 extension. Host permissions are restricted by default in Manifest V3 and the UI to prompt the user for host permissions is not finished on Android. Unfortunately, without more information about what your extension is doing or what problems you’re seeing in the browser it’s hard to provide more guidance. Can you share the URL of your extension?

@dotproto Hi. The link to the addon is in the bug report. I’m aware of MV3 host-permission limitations.

It’s been updated since then to meet the new android-compatibility requirement.

Appreciating your great work