Addon disabled by mozilla, no message

(Devjacksmith) #1


I submitted a new version of my addon (, but instead of getting approved within minutes like it usually is, i got “Disabled by Mozilla”. I checked version history, i checked other links, checked email (listed in ownership), checked spam folder, nothing. Wrote a reply on it asking why, but haven’t gotten any response (yet). So i thought maybe I should try to find a little help here?

(Martin Giger) #2

Did you press the red “disable version” button on accident when it asked you if you needed to submit source code?

(Devjacksmith) #3

I don’t think i did, but is there a way to check somewhere? (if not i’d like to suggest there be a message “Disabled by submitter” somewhere).

(Martin Giger) #4

As far as I know there’s no way to tell. The only way to know is based on what you clicked and what screen you got next after making that choice.

(Devjacksmith) #5

The screen i got next is version history, with my latest version (just uploaded) disabled by mozilla. I’ll try to resubmit. But I’d really like to submit that a message be displayed in review history as a feature request. Thanks for your help anyway.

(Martin Giger) #6

If you go back to version history after the source code upload question you indeed disabled the version. You should get a “manage the version now to write changelogs” or go back to some other place screen.

The feature request should likely be filed in .

(Devjacksmith) #7

Thank you, added request in this ticket: