Thread: Add-ons not working due to certificate expiration

How long can it take to fix this??

Fixed since around 1 PM CEST on my side (France) and all extensions back and working fine :heart_eyes:

Many thanks to the Mozilla support and infra teams

2 Likes

та же проблема, все слетело, страшно зайти в интернет, такое ощущение что слетел иммунитет

Letting mozilla control my addons also means they can disable them whenever they feel like it. As happened earlier today.

Now… up until yesterday I had no issues with that. Today… I;m far less sure. This issue takes so LONG to fix that I’m having serious doubts if this was a simple “oops”

Same exact issue here. I have tried all the remedies posted here with no success. Maybe it is time to find another browser.

Not sure why a add-on like ADP was disabled when it is still available for download and was updated by the creator on April 19, 2019.

If this is not fixed within a few days I will seek another browser. Any suggestions?

See the instructions in

to get the hotfix. It may take some time to be applied if you already have studies enabled. Further, updates to all release channels are being worked on as a more permanent and reliable fix, as far as I’m aware.

2 Likes

works for me, although settings tells me “your organisation has disabled the ability to change some options”, although it’s a stand alsone desktop :thinking:

Mozilla Firefox 60.6.1 ESR (x64 en-GB)

Mozilla said on his alert page: " 12:50 p.m. UTC / 03:50 a.m. PDT: We rolled-out a fix for release, beta and nightly users on Desktop. The fix will be automatically applied in the background within the next few hours, you don’t need to take active steps.".

AS PDT is UTC-7, Firefox European fans should read 10:50 AM UTC, e.g. 12:50 PM in France (UTC+2). As I posted just above, I could see a healthy and powerful Firefox back again around 1 PM (13:00 for my French mates) as declared by the Mozilla team

All Add-Ons are working fine for me on desktop, but can we please have a status update for Android?

You can check if you have studies enabled by going to Firefox Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Allow Firefox to install and run studies.

This pref does not exist on Android.

Edit: Just to clarify, they are still disabled in current Firefox Nightly for Android.

2 Likes

Well now it’s working but all my Multi-Account Containers are GONE!!!

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Addons still dead for me on desktop 66.0.3 w/ allow active.

I just checked about:studies on multiple devices and profiles. Some have hotfix-reset-xpi-verification-timestamp-1548973 and hotfix-update-xpi-signing-intermediate-bug-1548973 active, some don’t.

I assume both should be present? Can I trigger the installation somehow?

Fixed for me now. Thanks, Mozilla team!

@SJW Lol ‘trigger’

did you check to ensure that the devices are all set to apply updates automatically?

Я использовал Firefox только из-за дополнений, например Fireshot, FVD speed dial и других. Даже, несмотря на то, что другие браузеры и быстрее и меньше грузят память. И тут нате вам - получите. Вообще, начиная с 57 версии Лиса началась эта ерунда - обновления чуть не каждый день, несовместимость старых дополнений с новыми версиями браузера и прочая, и прочая. А теперь вообще все слетело. Зачем разработчикам заботиться о моей безопасности и конфиденциальности, они, что мама моя или строгая воспитательница??? Если уж такие заботливые - встроили бы службу VPN, как в Опере. А в остальном я сам, как-нибудь о себе позаботился бы!!! Если в течение суток не исправят - удалю этот Файрфокс и перейду на хром или оперу.

Realistically speaking, how screwed are people who use older FireFox Versions now and how long will it take to find a proper fix for it ? A few people of my office are in my ears because they use versions such as 56 to avoid the whole quantum thing in order to preserve their precious addons which were not recreated with Quantum yet.

The main issue now however comes with addons such as Ublock Origin or other ad-blockers being unavailable to them, so my actual question here is: Will older versions be supported in the future perma fix ?

3 Likes

Yes, they run a newly created profile. But so far everything is fine on Desktop. Android remains unfixed for me and there is no about:studies.

1 Like

First I wrote in Russian, now - in English. I used Firefox only because of add-ons, like Fireshot, FVD speed dial and others. Even despite the fact that other browsers and faster loading and less memory. And now here you are - get. Actually, since 57 version Fox started this nonsense - updates almost every day, the incompatibility of the old add-ons with new versions of the browser and others. And now it’s all gone. Why would developers care about my security and privacy, are they that my mom or a strict caregiver??? If they are such a caring - built the VPN service, as in the Opera. Otherwise, I’d take care of myself somehow!!! If during the day is not correct - I’ll will delete Firefox and move to Chrome or Opera.

The hotfix does not appear to have worked in my case. My add-ons have not been restored. I have the following Active Studies:
prefflip-push-performance-1491171
hotfix-reset-xpi-verification-timestamp-1548973

Is there something else I need to do? I may be an unusual user…I have a large number of tabs open (over 3000) in 2 browser windows…

Please Mozilla, don’t start the celebration parties just yet.

You declared victory without remembering to fix Android clients.

2 Likes