An update on me and WordPress

As many of you guys already know, I am preoccupied with an internship this summer, and I cannot devote as much time as I previously did to Mozilla because of this. I can’t attend the Community IT weekly meetings, and I often can’t help out during critical situations because of my obligations.

Furthermore, I will likely spend my weekends relaxing with other interns rather than volunteering.

I’m not sure what the best way to go about this is, but I think I’d like to temporarily step down from being the module owner for WordPress Multisite, at least until my internship is over, as it doesn’t make sense for me to be the primary point of contact for the project.

Because @tanner has been working alongside me for most of the setup, I think it would make sense for him to be the acting module owner until I resume regular duties, although this is something that can be discussed by you all at the next meeting.

I will still be on IRC, although for limited hours. I’m awfully sorry about the inconvenience.

@majken, I’d appreciate your input on moving forward.

Thanks for letting us know what’s going on.

I agree that tanner would make a great interim module owner. @Tanner would you be up for this? We can discuss it next meeting if you are.

And also a +1 to jan as a peer. We can make that change on the wiki straight away, the module owner can assign peers as they see fit.

I removed that from my post, as I talked it over with @jan, and it’s not something he wishes to pursue.